[Guide] Optimal Tanking Sets

Re: [Guide] Optimal Tanking Sets

by DownToFarm » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:36 pm

Isnt the point of a threat set to put out as much possible threat while still staying alive?

If so, then: Grave,

Do you use the threat set displayed in your spreadsheet?
Which bosses do you use it on?
How often do you die?

If the answer is yes, blablabfabl, and never; then why would he ever add more defense? If he actually doesn't die using this set, then if anything, he would start adding more offense no?
Gorefiend US: Fereveldir
Sargeras US: Peachit
Nostalrius PVP: Artimys

Always DTF
---------------------------------------------
http://steamcommunity.com/id/DownToFarm
DownToFarm
Grunt
Grunt

by Grave » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:10 pm

425 is just the minimum I set in MC/ZG/Vael/BWL Drakes. ~0.6% chance to be crit is something I risk for it. There's no Def soft cap, never head of this. However, our healers are good enough to handle that offset should the Crit happen. Haven't died to that risk.

To answer DownToFarm:-
Yep, I use all of my sets except a small change in Migitation - I use Accuria over Archmitros'.
I use the threat set for most of MC (accidentally on Ragnaros once ... was hilarious, still survived)/Onyxia/Vael/ZG.
Never, pretty much. This year I died twice I think on bosses in total, that's due to raid wipe over taunt failure on Drakes leading to Shadow Flame (growth pains of replacing tanks).

@Zman: Agree. Only Brood/Chrom/Nef you need to have max. migitation (armor, defense, health pool).

Thanks Alyndria for that post. I'll remove the ring from the sheet. Enchants should be 1.9, unless Nost. has another, more accurate, source?

PS. It appears Elemental Plate Girdle (of Nature Resistance) should be farmed regardless whether you have the +10 Racial or TF. Have fun doing Tributes!
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Undertanker » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Last 4 tributes: belt dropped.

Arcane res, arnace res, fire, frost.

:(

Still no luck in UBRS on helm, those have ZG enchant waiting on it.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Problazer » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:56 pm

I have run 2 tributes per week for the past 3-4 months. Only seen the NR one once. Glad I have it crossed off my list.

Now for the NR helm :?:
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Alyndra » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:04 am

Grave wrote:Thanks Alyndria for that post. I'll remove the ring from the sheet. Enchants should be 1.9, unless Nost. has another, more accurate, source?!

the recipe is not on the ptr. i've checked. there was also a staff post about savage guard confirming it to be 1.11.
i am pretty sure about them not being in the game.
Alyndra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Erou » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:27 am

Alyndra wrote:
Grave wrote:Thanks Alyndria for that post. I'll remove the ring from the sheet. Enchants should be 1.9, unless Nost. has another, more accurate, source?!

the recipe is not on the ptr. i've checked. there was also a staff post about savage guard confirming it to be 1.11.
i am pretty sure about them not being in the game.
Have you asked GMs to grant you required reputation with Cenarion Circle before checking, because otherwise you can't see recipes?
Erou
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ycbshadow » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:33 pm

I don't think it is necessary to use high defense on Broodlord. I've been tanking this boss with only 363 Defense now for almost two months without issue. I use my max threat set with 9% hit.

I use this set for everything except Chromag / Nef / Rag / Vael
Ycbshadow
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:48 pm

stamina & resistance is the only counter to magic damage sources.

block is irrelevant against mobs that do magic damage.

physical damage mitigation, armor has more %reduction on the melee hit then a flat block amount. comparing stamina to block is pretty dumb since stamina is always applied 100% during a fight and can be modified more with buffs/consumes/cooldowns... block amount cannot.

block % should be thrown in with your armor reduction equation and defense to prevent crush/high damage melee hits.

block % is great against fast hitting mobs, shredding through shield block charges. (mobs with thrash ability and such)

drakes/nef do huge magic damage from shadow flame.. stamina is the best counter to this "after" you finish your melee calculation of defense against his melee attack/warrior call.

the 8k damage shadowflame during warrior call is always a fun thing to see. ;)

for broodlord, armor is the best counter to his mortal strike.. block chance and defense help a ton, but if you're in might gear or less. when your defense fails you and mortal strike lands. armor and hp are the only thing left.
if armor is low (no inspiration/stone shield pot) expect 1 shot unless you used a HP % modifier before it like lifegiving/last stand.
during 1.6 release, our MT never got 1 shot by broodlord because we stacked armor heavily. we got his MS down to 5400 and less when the stars aligned with every armor buff on the tank and damage debuff on the boss. (demo shout and such).

can't wait to see the theorycrafting on vek'nilash with his -100 defense debuff every 10 seconds. ;)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Imbaslap » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Undertanker wrote:Last 4 tributes: belt dropped.

Arcane res, arnace res, fire, frost.

:(

Still no luck in UBRS on helm, those have ZG enchant waiting on it.

tributes are good though!!!
free major mana pots!!

hit up imbaheals anytime and ill chain heal those like crazy!
(20g for major manas, you betcha!)

bring an enchanter too for large brils.. I need to restock those on my stash for AQ40 and Naxx enchants.

also don't mind doing rend runs too. I have ubrs key as well! let me know ;)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Grave » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:18 pm

@Undertanker: GL on the drop. We got a drop in each of our 2 successive clears in the farm group. Never seen it before or since. Hacks confirmed.
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior