HoJ + Sword Spec

HoJ + Sword Spec

by GabeN » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:47 am

Does it stack additively or multiplicatively ? ie 7% to double swing vs 7.85%

Common sense would dictate multiplicative stacking since it's 2 separate sources. Other buffs from the same category stack additively however( eg haste)
GabeN
Private
Private

Re: HoJ + Sword Spec

by Thatoneguy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:12 am

No stack, both can proc.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vido » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:36 pm

Why would it stack multiplicatively in the first place. It would make sense to ask if the procs can proc off eachother, in which case the chance to proc an extra attack with both items equipped would be roughly 7.21%.

Extra attack procs can't proc more extra attack procs, however you can get both a HoJ and sword spec proc from one swing. So the chance to proc is additive.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Azuros » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:53 pm

vido wrote:
Extra attack procs can't proc more extra attack proc

hmm
Azu, fury warrior of <NOPE>
Azuros
Grunt
Grunt

by vido » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:26 am

Well you shouldn't be able to proc a swing from an extra swing proc from what I could gather from old retail era forum posts, spreadsheets and comments.

I guess it can be possible on nost with HoJ, I can faintly recall getting double hoj procs myself but certainly not with WF which would explain why I haven't seen anything like it in a long time. Some of those hits can also easily be attributed to the wonky auto hit combat log/text delay.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dersock » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:15 pm

vido wrote:Well you shouldn't be able to proc a swing from an extra swing proc from what I could gather from old retail era forum posts, spreadsheets and comments.

I guess it can be possible on nost with HoJ, I can faintly recall getting double hoj procs myself but certainly not with WF which would explain why I haven't seen anything like it in a long time. Some of those hits can also easily be attributed to the wonky auto hit combat log/text delay.

I'm pretty sure extra attacks could proc off themselves in retail (with and without HoJ). Would like to see evidence to the contrary if you have some, seems Blizzlike at the moment from my memory.
Dersock
Grunt
Grunt

by Thatoneguy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:19 pm

Dersock wrote:I'm pretty sure extra attacks could proc off themselves in retail (with and without HoJ). Would like to see evidence to the contrary if you have some, seems Blizzlike at the moment from my memory.

Windfury weapon can't proc off itself since patch 1.4. For evidence on that search through those patch notes because I don't feel like it atm.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dersock » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:34 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:
Dersock wrote:I'm pretty sure extra attacks could proc off themselves in retail (with and without HoJ). Would like to see evidence to the contrary if you have some, seems Blizzlike at the moment from my memory.

Windfury weapon can't proc off itself since patch 1.4. For evidence on that search through those patch notes because I don't feel like it atm.

Sword spec procs, not wf.
Dersock
Grunt
Grunt

by Heldunder » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:02 pm

Azuros wrote:
vido wrote:
Extra attack procs can't proc more extra attack proc

hmm

THIS.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thatoneguy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Dersock wrote:
Thatoneguy wrote:

Sword spec procs, not wf.

No WF too.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Warrior