Replacement for savage gladiator chain

Replacement for savage gladiator chain

by alexao1111 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:13 am

As I've been told savage gladiator chain will inevitably be given a change of stats which then renders it useless for prot warriors. My question is what happens to the bis-threat set which currently consists of.

Lionheart
Nef neck
wrath shoulders
savage gladiator chain
wristguard of true flight
gauntlets of might
onslaught girdle
legplates of wrath
sabbatons of wrath
accuria
overlords crimson band
blackhand's breath
styleen's scarab
TF
elementium reinforced bulwark
satyr's bow

(Pulled from Grave's list of optimal tanking sets)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... iew?pli=1#

*Edit: Also, what is a reasonable replacement for blackhand's given that I'm not going to be able to acquire it.
alexao1111
Private
Private

Re: Replacement for savage gladiator chain

by Ycbshadow » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:35 am

Rank 13 Chest
Ycbshadow
Sergeant
Sergeant

by alexao1111 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:58 am

Wouldnt the huge loss in defence then be a major source of concern?
alexao1111
Private
Private

by St0rfan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:28 am

alexao1111 wrote:Wouldnt the huge loss in defence then be a major source of concern?

Probably. I suppose it depends on what you are tanking. You only need defcap for 3 bosses in current content.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by dumad » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:16 pm

alexao1111 wrote:*Edit: Also, what is a reasonable replacement for blackhand's given that I'm not going to be able to acquire it.

Why not? Did you take the Mark of Tyrrany?
dumad
Tester

by Dr. Doom » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:24 pm

St0rfan wrote:
alexao1111 wrote:Wouldnt the huge loss in defence then be a major source of concern?

Probably. I suppose it depends on what you are tanking. You only need defcap for 3 bosses in current content.

Which are they?

I take it Lashlayer is one.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Grave » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:50 pm

Patch 1.10 when they will change it, or should anyway. I'll use AQ40 replacements for the threat set. I haven't done the combinations yet.
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:20 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:
St0rfan wrote:

Which are they?

I take it Lashlayer is one.

Broodlord, Chromaggus, Nefarian pretty much. Actually, I just run with 438def on these too (although broodlord did 1shot me for 10k last week).

Grave wrote:Patch 1.10 when they will change it, or should anyway. I'll use AQ40 replacements for the threat set. I haven't done the combinations yet.

t2.5 chest should be a nice substitute I guess? Alot of agi and TONS of str on it.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Grave » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:31 pm

A lot of factors will change the AQ40 threat set, including new accessories. eg. Mark of C'thun. I expect a full revamp of the set.

I took 20k extra damage last Broodlord with full T2 430 def gear (a non-Anticipation spec), with 2 near fatal moments. Generally any of our 3 beefed tanks will take ~30k total damage when solo tanking Brood. 20k is 66.6% extra damage taken. So I highly suggest playing it defensive for Brood/Chrom/Nef.
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Undertanker » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:17 pm

alexao1111 wrote:*Edit: Also, what is a reasonable replacement for blackhand's given that I'm not going to be able to acquire it.

Hand of Justice or Dark Moon Card: Maelstrom.

I like Maelstrom much more due to cleave / WW will do the nature damage on the mobs you are hitting and can give HUGE spikes when fighting multiple mobs compared to the cealing of HoJ in an AoE fight. And an extra swing on a 1.3 speed weapon isn't that much, but does give more rage.

I'd say all in all in 5 mans DMC: Maelstrom, raids HoJ. Though both are very even.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Warrior