Shouts not generating threat?

Re: Shouts not generating threat?

by Grave » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:49 am

maos wrote:We used demo should as our only threat building ability while mages aoe'd adds on Nefarian. I don't know the mechanics behind the spell, but if that's not possible to do now because of the reworking making the spell less important in packs, then it's been nerfed too much. =)

Indeed, I don't see this being possible with the current Demo Shout threat numbers. A HoT tick can literally get the healer aggro, no matter how many times I cast it. Without thorns, fire shield, ret aura or the likes, it's currently not possible to keep threat on a large amount of mobs without individually generating threat per mob.

Razorgore Demo Shout/Piercing Howl kiting is a great example of how effective the shouts should be. Clearly demonstrating that healers should never overaggro a Demo Shout casting tank.

Edit: The Warrior PoV video I used to watch to learn how to kite back in 2006! (Video reupload from late '06 too)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVeIEDZkXrs
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Shouts not generating threat?

by Ektelion » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:04 am

<-- Vanilla experience here.

I remember when i first tanked ZG, i had no clue of the tactics or what not in ZG, we were on Panther boss.

they put me on one side, and the other side another warrior, we were both spamming Demo shout, we kept aggro on all panthers only by spamming demo shout nothing else, healers were healing us, they couldn't get aggro in any case
Ektelion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Warrior