I Will be forced to tank??

I Will be forced to tank??

by MethodGG » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:47 am

Hello, i always loved warrior but never had one so im gonna rol warrior in the new server, my question is...can i stick to DPS spec? or i will be forced to tank? i dont like so much tank but i wont fail with my class choice so i wont to rol warrior and play a spec that i dont like... how do you think??
MethodGG
Tester

Re: I Will be forced to tank??

by Drain » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:17 pm

You're pretty much forced to tank for dungeons at 60 or you'll rarely see the inside of one. Post BIS, for a raid slot, you have the same odds as a Rogue, as MDPS use the same slots. Guilds might actually prefer a DPS Warrior or two if they have too many Rogues. The benefit here is that you do not use Rogue tier sets. The guild will give you no tank gear, and just let you take or roll non set DPS gear. But these slots are really limited because Rogue is # 1 played DPS. Don't get your hopes up that you'll get a slot. You'll be asked every day if you're willing to tank, and told you'd get a slot in a guild if you did, vs struggling to find one as DPS.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Arucado » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:27 pm

You will be okay with Fury warrior. You only struggle to play as Retadin, Boomkin, Prot Pala, Arms warrior... because mostly groups and guilds don't want an useless class.

There are a WHOLE LOT of groups being made every day due to the overpopulation, i've played warrior from 1 untill 60 and i was fine searching for groups. Obviously if you play tank you find a group instantly.
The thing is that you can easily Tank any dungeon without respec (i mean , you can tank strath or ubrs as fury) , just equiping the tank pieces. You can even off-tank in raid if its necessary. (Atleast in MC as i did)

And about the items, well that is more complicated because the top played class is rogue and you will share loot such as rings, cloaks, weapons, some off-set pieces... so yes, gearing a fury warr takes more time than other specs, but i guess that non-having to search a set is more fun right? You will also get some pieces from pvp, reps, chain quests etc...

It's fine, trust me, play Fury warrior if that is what you want and forget about struggling
Last edited by Arucado on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aslan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:31 pm

As stated above, you wont make it far with 0 tanking at all. Pretty much during your whole lvling journey, there wont be many happy faces to see a warrior that isnt a tank. Tank is usually the hardest spot to fill, someone has to do it, do you think that guy would want an extra warrior in the group to compete for his gear when you could have 10 mages?

When it comes to lvl 60 dungeons, same story if there is a shortage on tanks, it pretty much depends on the specific dungeon. If there is plenty of tank loot, there will be sufficient tanks that run that dungeon and you will be able to dps. If tanks dont tend to run a dungeon often, groups wont like a warrior in the grp that doesnt tank.

As far as raiding goes, in early content during progress, you will most likely have to tank a few adds here and there, you will get the tank stuff as offspec to serve the guild, once the maintanks are geared. In farm raids, there is no need for extra tanks. But if you make it far into endgame content like naxxramas, there is no way you will get away without being a properly skilled tank.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Warrior