SHOWER ME WITH WARRIOR WISDOM

SHOWER ME WITH WARRIOR WISDOM

by Pyron » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Hello! I am hell bent on creating an undead warrior with the intent of dipsing and pvp. So not tanking. But the reason I am writing is because I am looking for any tips, tricks, fun stories or any general words of wisdom about warriors. Endgame, leveling or pvp. Looking for anything.

Thank you!

Pyron, the not so dead undead warrior
Pyron
Private
Private

Re: SHOWER ME WITH WARRIOR WISDOM

by Hesates » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:34 am

Play like a rogue with beeing debuffed with Faerie Fire
Hesates
Private
Private

by Trolle » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:54 am

Pyron wrote:Hello! I am hell bent on creating an undead warrior with the intent of dipsing and pvp. So not tanking. But the reason I am writing is because I am looking for any tips, tricks, fun stories or any general words of wisdom about warriors. Endgame, leveling or pvp. Looking for anything.

Thank you!

Pyron, the not so dead undead warrior

I'd recommend going Orc and using axes if you gonna play dps warrior. You wiill have a noticable difference with the axe skill from orcs.
< Organ Harvest >
Maedsigil
Soetsaken
Smiskarinnan
Fyllepiraten
Nidabmi
Trolle
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by MundlMundl » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:00 pm

Make a female undead for the better animations ( that front flip)
MundlMundl
Private
Private

by Askental » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:32 pm

Nah, war stomp ftw.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thrashing » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:07 pm

The choice for race can be disputed, but personally I've never really cared for racials. If you highly prefer one race's looks or animations, just roll with that.

Pyron wrote:So not tanking.

First fault! Not wanting to tank in raids can be excused. However, tanks will always be wanted in 5 (or 10) mans and during the leveling process (dungeons, group quests, etc.). Please do all of us, including yourself, a favour and don't be one of those stubborn Warriors that refuse to tank simply because you're not specced into Prot.
You can tank every single 5 or 10 man instance as Fury or Arms. I've succesfully offtanked Zul'Gurub, Molten Core and Blackwing Lair as Fury as well.

Having said that, some of the most basic things you'll find useful as a Warrior are certain addons.

ItemRack - an addon that lets you make item sets and quickly swap them with macros. Obviously extremely useful when swapping between DPS, PvP and Tanking sets.
SuperMacro - an addon that allows more simplified addons than the vanilla ones. Personally I use this mainly for weapon swapping macros, for both PvE and PvP.
Natur EnemyCastbar - an addon that displays your opponent's casts, much like Blizzard's default UI did in later expansions. A must for PvP.
Threat Meter - obviously one of the most important addons to have if you ever wish to PvE.

Edit: Added addon links.
Thrashing
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lemonfreezer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:33 pm

The guy just wants some help on how to play his undead warrior and everyone instantly starts telling him to reroll another race... >insert facepalm jpeg here<

For PvP First Aid + Engineering are your best friends. Also warriors are the most gear dependant class in the game so as Thrashing said you'll have to deal with tanking from time to time simply cuz it will be a lot easier for you to obtain gear that way.

Refer to this video for more helpful tips -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP0AcXBTYyg (He's an undead warrior :O! )
edit: another undead warr video -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GHv-_rIV0g
Lemonfreezer
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Pyron » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:32 pm

Thrashing wrote:Not wanting to tank in raids can be excused.

I Can absolutely tank whilst leveling and doing 5 mans no problems. I just dont want to tank in raids!
Pyron
Private
Private

by Pyron » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:34 pm

Lemonfreezer wrote:The guy just wants some help on how to play his undead warrior and everyone instantly starts telling him to reroll another race... >insert facepalm jpeg here<

Haha Thank you! Someone understands me :P Im not playing to min/max. I want to feel comfortable with my race
Pyron
Private
Private

Next

Return to Warrior