Rogue PvP Guide 2.0

Rogue PvP Guide 2.0

by alucard001 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Here is my best Rogue PvP build, for all of you that want to be a real good rogue.

After years of experimenting, I have finally discovered the best rogue build possible. Behold, my magnificence!

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... 55c0205h1q

A build like no other! The poison build. Let me explain the key talents:

Remorseless Attacks - Not many rogues choose this talent, IDK why. It's the perfect talent for delivering some burst against classes with pets. Simply sap the <Warlock/Hunter/Frost Mage> and burst down the pet. If you're good, you get down it before sap runs out. Now, you're left with an easy, petless target AND you get 40% crit for your next SS! What better talents are there?

Imp SnD - Another overlooked talent in PvP. Again, IDK why a lot of rogues choose to skip this. Simply put, it's 45% longer SnD. Might seem a bit bland in PvP, but with this build, it gives perfect synergy with the poisons as we all know: more attacks = more poison procs. A must have talent.

Vile and Imp Poisons - Together, they simply put in 32% more poison damage. Need I say more?

Now let's take a minute to explain the talents I didn't choose:

Imp Eviscerate - Pointless because this build never uses eviscerate. I'll explain more later.

Ruthlessness - Not much use. 60% chance for just one CP? Go figure.

Relentless Strike - With 5 CP it makes SnD free. But then again, your SnD lasts 36 seconds talented. So that just affects Kidney shot then. Not a great talent.

Cold Blood - Worst talent available. A whole talent point for a SS crit every 3 minutes? No. Just, no.

Seal Fate - You'd have to get Cold Blood. Skip it, this build has low crit anyway.

Vigor - It's just 10 energy at the start of the fight. Skip it.

The other talents are mostly for added damage or survivability:

Deflection - 5% more chance to avoid a melee attack. Same goes for Lightning reflexes. Good for surviving more.

Precision - More autoattack hits means more poison procs. Get this.

Improved Kick - It's an extra silence. Useful backup against casters.

Extra talent points can be put anywhere.

Now that we have that sorted out, let's go on to Playstyle:

Poisons ignore 100% armor, this is why the build is so godly. You might think that clothy takes a lot of damage, but remember that even cloth in all armor slots will still give about 20% mitigation. Poisons ignore that mitigation, and you'll easily get 1k IP crits with the right gear.

Use SS for combo points. Why not Backstab? Less CP, backstab does rubbish damage with this build anyway, and it takes over half our energy. Rest is simple. Open up on all classes with a CS, for the stun and 2 CP. SS x 3 then SnD. No need for eviscerate you already do enough damage. Then ask yourself. What's happening? Your poisons are going insane! I use this build all the time, and I down people within SECONDS. One second, you're like "meh" but then the next second, you're like "OMG! So much damage! Why didn't I think of this before!"

Gear:

Use daggers/other fast weapons. Reason? So you get more poison procs. Poison procs are fundamental here, and more procs is a necessity. Use DP/IP. Since a ton of your damage is from poison, get + nature dmg gear. Ignore everything else, you don't need it.
Stamina? Useful for when you take damage. Agility? Melee crit and dodge don't increase your poisons. Strength? AP increase can be useful. So just get gear with +naturedmg and a bit of stamina and you're all set.

Let's look at the Pro's and Con's:

Pros -
HUGE damage from poisons, can literally obliterate platers and clothies
Usable for leveling, PvE and especially PvP
So much damage that it becomes your main source of survival
Can kill enemies within seconds
Cons -
Pretty much none!
Conclusion:

At first glance, it might not look great. But trust me, it is. You'll know what I'm talking about when you are getting revenge on the warriors B)
Last edited by alucard001 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Rogue PvP Guide 2.0

by Affzzlolvoteukip » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:14 pm

great guide, thank you for sharing this with the community. :mrgreen:
Affzzlolvoteukip
Tester

by Shadow » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:25 pm

Re: An old rogues perspective and hello :)

Like I said before on somebody else's thread

by Shadow » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:52 pm

No matter how good you think you are or how bulletprof your tactics may seem, there is always someone better. Also, luck plays a good part in any situation.

Also versus warriors, I would take ghost strike and *2 evasion and deflection/riposte any time. The best defense is not to get hit at all, if possible. (I do think a warrior can hack a rogue to bits if given the chance)
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
Shadow
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hesates » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:00 pm

Just don't fight warriors as a rogue, point.

Every time you set a following mind but to quit the situation, you're wrong.

Actknowledge the system and imagine a frostbolt from a mage hitting a warrior harder than you ever could do in a breeze of an eyewimp.

Swallow his presence he puts on you, trying to bring you down and get with your mind out of the situation with the knowdledge, when a warrior interferes you in your natural habit (the backline of the enemy) there's something going bad for your opponents, making your team able to close the gap, getting deeper into and not stopping the pressure.
Hesates
Private
Private

by Drooppi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:34 am

trolled
Last edited by Drooppi on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drooppi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mek » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:24 am

Link doesn't seem to work, but I feel like this route would only be useful in 1v1 situations, and only if you can kill your target before stuns wear off (and that's a big if considering there would be no burst damage). Otherwise they would have no issues kiting you.
Mek
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ghostly » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:44 am

Where could I have seen this before, I wonder? Oh right, http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/14351-perfect-rogue-pvp-build/. Feel free to familiarize yourself with the comments to fully understand how perfect this build is. Fucking troll OP didnt even bother to copypaste the build link correctly, jesus. Shit thread.
all is now dark
Ghostly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by alucard001 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:26 am

Ghostly wrote:Where could I have seen this before, I wonder? Oh right, http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/14351-perfect-rogue-pvp-build/. Feel free to familiarize yourself with the comments to fully understand how perfect this build is. Fucking troll OP didnt even bother to copypaste the build link correctly, jesus. Shit thread.

I just copied this because i laughed my ass of when i read it hahahah.
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Shadowlurk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:30 pm

I've been playing around with ideas for variants of this build (namely for PvE) and want to know your opinion on something.

Blade Flurry. Does it stack with SnD? Does the "strike an additional nearby opponent" aspect of Blade Flurry also apply poisons to this opponent?

Just wondering about additional damage =) Thanks in advance!

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... 25045f501w
Want your game to look visually stunning and run silky smooth? Read my guide.
Shadowlurk - Level 29 Troll Rogue (Expert Leatherworker / Expert Skinner)
Shadowlurk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Shadowlurk wrote:I've been playing around with ideas for variants of this build (namely for PvE) and want to know your opinion on something.

Blade Flurry. Does it stack with SnD? Does the "strike an additional nearby opponent" aspect of Blade Flurry also apply poisons to this opponent?

Just wondering about additional damage =) Thanks in advance!

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... 25045f501w

Poison : Nope
SnD stack : Yes
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to Rogue