Rogue PvP Guide 2.0

Re: Rogue PvP Guide 2.0

by Shadowlurk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:25 pm

Very helpful as always Youfie!
Want your game to look visually stunning and run silky smooth? Read my guide.
Shadowlurk - Level 29 Troll Rogue (Expert Leatherworker / Expert Skinner)
Shadowlurk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aquane » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:16 am

6/10 for effort
+2 for making a thread earlier then wiping the OP and changing the topic name to "."
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Xvein » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Hello.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Poisons

Weapon speed Edit
Faster weapons do not always increase the rate at which you apply a poison: unlike the other poisons (which have a fixed chance per hit), Instant and Wound Poison use PPM (proc-per-minute) mechanics. This means that even on a very slow weapon your Instant or Wound Poisons will add the same amount of DPS (damage per second) as on a fast weapon. Note that without Improved Poisons, Wound Poison's DPS is higher than Instant Poison's due to its higher PPM.

The argument for using slower weapons is this: based on your weapon speed and your poison's PPM, an average proc chance is calculated that will be used every melee swing. However, your special attacks (Sinister Strikes, Mutilates, etc.) can also deliver your poisons, and they use this very same calculated proc chance. So equipping a slow weapon results in an increased chance of applying poison with your special attacks, which, of course, are not restricted by your weapon speed. The difference in damage is rather minimal though, so people often just follow the "slow MH, fast OH" because they could always put Crippling/Deadly/Mind-Numbing on their OH without much reduced effect.
Xvein
Tester

by shamwow » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Shadow wrote:Re: An old rogues perspective and hello :)

Like I said before on somebody else's thread

by Shadow » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:52 pm

No matter how good you think you are or how bulletprof your tactics may seem, there is always someone better. Also, luck plays a good part in any situation.

Also versus warriors, I would take ghost strike and *2 evasion and deflection/riposte any time. The best defense is not to get hit at all, if possible. (I do think a warrior can hack a rogue to bits if given the chance)

I know a secret top make a warrior into a god in vanilla. Everyone thinks warriors are the weakest in vanilla but they are infact the most overpowered. However.... this is only with alliance warriors. As horde warriors cannot obtain the alliance quest item without faction changing like on feenix.
So unless there is a faction change ability I guess horde warriors are extremely weak while alliance warriors are gods....
This is how dark and evil a reckoning bomb paladin of Azeroth is
Imagine those people are stormwind citizens trapped
http://sendvid.com/0tfl74qq
Sapbomb/darkrune crits + spellcrit = 1-2 bombs
youtube.com/watch?v=c8x76yI5_Jo
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Shield Reflect » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:19 pm

So i'm don't know engilsh very well(sorry), but here is a video about spellpower/nature damage poison rouge:

Just watch and u will understand about all idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4rVZ2IpfY
Shield Reflect
Tester

by Ohhgee » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:40 pm

lol @ whole thread

OP if you're using SnD in PvP then I don't know what to even say to you

stopped reading at Vile/Imp Poisons for "increased poison damage." LOL

just LOL

EDIT: learn to expose armor without breaking blind and you can kill any non Orc warrior before he can even move

God I leave rogue forums for 1 week and this disaster of a thread happens >.<
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ohhgee » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:28 pm

took the time to read more of the OP and I realized it is copypasta

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/1435 ... pvp-build/

gg 4 year old troll post :D