Sap is Broken

Sap is Broken

by Basildeth » Sat May 09, 2015 6:31 am

Sapping a target puts you in combat and drops stealth.

"Strong."
Basildeth
Private
Private

Re: Sap is Broken

by Miv » Sat May 09, 2015 6:44 am

Basildeth wrote:Sapping a target puts you in combat and drops stealth.

"Strong."

I'm not sure if this is a troll/joke or what... but that's how it works.
Miv
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Setup » Sat May 09, 2015 7:45 am

Basildeth wrote:Sapping a target puts you in combat and drops stealth.

"Strong."

What a Panda.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ohhgee » Sat May 09, 2015 8:00 am

pandas everywhere
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Rockstarharry » Sat May 09, 2015 11:08 am

You're going to want to spec 2/2 into "Improved Sap" to stop stealth breaking, its actually really handy for pick pocketing.
Rockstarharry
Tester

by Miv » Sat May 09, 2015 11:35 am

Rockstarharry wrote:You're going to want to spec 2/2 into "Improved Sap" to stop stealth breaking, its actually really handy for pick pocketing.

Is that actually 100%? I thought it was 90%?
Miv
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rockstarharry » Sat May 09, 2015 11:38 am

Maybe it is 90%, i'm not sure.
Rockstarharry
Tester

by Basildeth » Sat May 09, 2015 8:20 pm

Wow. So sap was hot garbage in Vanilla. Carry on.
Basildeth
Private
Private

by Uzephi » Sun May 10, 2015 6:17 am

http://www.wowwiki.com/Sap

Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): There is no longer a random chance the effect of "Sap" will end (i.e. removed the heartbeat resist check). The effect will still end early when the target is damaged.

Sap has a random duration in Vanilla, and Sap removed stealth until.....

Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Sap will no longer remove you from Stealth.

Sap did have some odd effect if two or more rogues sapped the same mob pack... I remember one being it cancelled the first sap after you tried to do the second, meaning only one sap worked.

Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Multiple Saps placed by multiple Rogues will now be handled correctly in all cases.

FYI, sap may have a long duration in PvP, but it is known to break around the 10-18sec mark.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Slicy » Mon May 11, 2015 10:58 am

Miv wrote:
Rockstarharry wrote:You're going to want to spec 2/2 into "Improved Sap" to stop stealth breaking, its actually really handy for pick pocketing.

Is that actually 100%? I thought it was 90%?

Improved Sap 3/3* in vanilla has a 90% chance to not unstealth you. Which is working properly here.
*Thanks to Folky and Stry for correcting

Uzephi wrote:http://www.wowwiki.com/Sap

Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): There is no longer a random chance the effect of "Sap" will end (i.e. removed the heartbeat resist check). The effect will still end early when the target is damaged.

Sap has a random duration in Vanilla, and Sap removed stealth until.....

Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Sap will no longer remove you from Stealth.

Sap did have some odd effect if two or more rogues sapped the same mob pack... I remember one being it cancelled the first sap after you tried to do the second, meaning only one sap worked.

Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Multiple Saps placed by multiple Rogues will now be handled correctly in all cases.

FYI, sap may have a long duration in PvP, but it is known to break around the 10-18sec mark.

Concerning the pvp duration of sap : After countless saps to ninja flags in AB, I can assure you that sap is breaking before 10 secs a lot of times. The heartbeat resist check you're talking about seems very strong on this server (and not working at all for fear) .

Proofs :
- Sap + flag cap in AB : 50% of the time, your sap will break before you cap. Edit : If not, it breaks between 10-12 secs.
- Sap + re-stealth : If you don't have a single point in Camouflage (EG : your stealth is on a 10 secs CD), it is unlikely that you can re-stealth before sap ends.
Last edited by Slicy on Thu May 14, 2015 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Rogue