New to vanilla Rogue, some questions

Re: New to vanilla Rogue, some questions

by Ohhgee » Thu May 14, 2015 3:03 am

losing CP on tab kick and tab blind etc sucks, but is the reality of this patch. You can avoid it with mouse over macros but realistically this isn't very useful in PvP

As for spec, the 21/3/27 linked here multiple times is best (even regardless of gear level IMO). It has more control and survivability than any dagger spec, and eviscerates do very nice dmg

However you'll need to be combat daggers or combat swords to get a raid spot in a PvE guild. Daggers and swords pretty similar DPS at this gear level, but swords will pass daggers once BWL is out.

Another thing I'll say is that, between the 2 PvE specs mentioned above, Combat dags is somewhat playable in PvP but combat swords is totally AIDs
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by nervous » Thu May 14, 2015 3:06 am

Ohhgee wrote:losing CP on tab kick and tab blind etc sucks, but is the reality of this patch. You can avoid it with mouse over macros but realistically this isn't very useful in PvP

link me the mouseover macros that work without supermacro pls I've been playing without them for 3 years now
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Busdriverx » Thu May 14, 2015 10:27 pm

nervous wrote:
Ohhgee wrote:losing CP on tab kick and tab blind etc sucks, but is the reality of this patch. You can avoid it with mouse over macros but realistically this isn't very useful in PvP

link me the mouseover macros that work without supermacro pls I've been playing without them for 3 years now

maybe there's something idk about, but I think he means macros where you have to write the target name in the script
Busdriverx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by 2pumpchumpp » Fri May 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Busdriverx wrote:
nervous wrote:

maybe there's something idk about, but I think he means macros where you have to write the target name in the script

Don't know if this will work, but I've looked it up online and they have a this:

#showtooltip Spell Name
/cast [target=mouseover] Spell Name

So, if you are fighting someone in PvP and see their friend running over to help, you could have a "/cast [target=mouseover] Blind" macroed to a button, mouse over the dude without switching targets, blind him, then get back to your target. Would be tricky, but I see a lot of potential for this in BGs.

This kind of finger/handwork on the keyboard and mouse can be made infinitely easier if you have a mouse such as the razer naga (the one with 12 buttons on the side).

I never knew about such macros, and I don't know if they work in vanilla, but I'm sure going to try :P
2pumpchumpp
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Rogue