A few rogue questions I need help with

A few rogue questions I need help with

by Ironduke » Mon May 18, 2015 1:03 am

In all of these assume I am going cookie-cutter 15-31-5 combat dagger rogue spec

1. What is best MH/OH enchant for my daggers? Crusader MH, Agi offhand or?

2. As dagger spec, is GOA totem or windfury totem better in my party?

3. As for rotation as combat dagger, open with ambush, garrote, or backstab? Will I ever be using sinister strike in rotation or just spamming backstab & maintaining S&D? If S&D is up, eviscerate or rupture?

4. Since I get 5 weapon skill through talents, say I got ancient corehound gloves for 310 skill in daggers, would there be any point in using mugger's belt as well for 315 dagger skill total or is 310 all I need to avoid 70% glancing blows?

Any other tips in general?

Thank you very much for the help guys, I appreciate it.
Ironduke
Tester

Re: A few rogue questions I need help with

by Vokos » Mon May 18, 2015 3:57 am

1. What is best MH/OH enchant for my daggers? Crusader MH, Agi offhand or?
It is as far as I know, BUT to get that agility enchant for your offhand the enchanter has to be honored with Timbermaw Hold, GG.

I would probably go with GoA but group wise windfury is more used.

3. As for rotation as combat dagger, open with ambush, garrote, or backstab? Will I ever be using sinister strike in rotation or just spamming backstab & maintaining S&D? If S&D is up, eviscerate or rupture?
As daggers you open with Backstab, it has a higher crit bonus and more energy efficient. In raid environments always eviscerate since rupture takes up a valuable debuff slot. In dungeons I would still evis, most mobs and bosses in 5 mans die before all of rupture.

4. Since I get 5 weapon skill through talents, say I got ancient corehound gloves for 310 skill in daggers, would there be any point in using mugger's belt as well for 315 dagger skill total or is 310 all I need to avoid 70% glancing blows?
315 weapon skill is glancing blows cap so yes you want 315.
Vokos
Grunt
Grunt

by Ironduke » Mon May 18, 2015 4:16 am

Vokos wrote:1. What is best MH/OH enchant for my daggers? Crusader MH, Agi offhand or?
It is as far as I know, BUT to get that agility enchant for your offhand the enchanter has to be honored with Timbermaw Hold, GG.

I would probably go with GoA but group wise windfury is more used.

As daggers you open with Backstab, it has a higher crit bonus and more energy efficient. In raid environments always eviscerate since rupture takes up a valuable debuff slot. In dungeons I would still evis, most mobs and bosses in 5 mans die before all of rupture.

315 weapon skill is glancing blows cap so yes you want 315.

Very nice thank you :) Will I ever be using sinister strike as combat daggers (if I am able to get behind)? So is it better to not put talents into improved SS and just stick them into dodge?
I have also heard 310 is glancing cap.. so I'll have to double check this ^^
Ironduke
Tester

by Youfie » Mon May 18, 2015 5:24 am

If you want to use Sinister Stike, use Swords, Fist or Maces.

Daggers are AWFUL for Sinister Stike due to their weak damage range compared to the other weapons (all things, i.e. DPS, being equal), and their AP normalization coefficient is 1.7, versus 2.4 for other 1-handers.

If you want to use a Dagger, you'll need to Backstab.

In which case, the +5 Weapon Damage on your MH is the best enchant for a Dagger Build. It amounts to like +42 AP for your BS & Ambush damage. You don't want to use a Crusader on a MH Dagger, since it's a PPM proc : faster MH means less procs due to specials, and BS used as a special means less special (60 energy), which means even less procs.

On your OH, +15 Agility is the best. Timbermaw hold formulas aren't in game yet so atm I guess the best OH enchant is Crusader, regardless of your spec.

As a Combat Daggers 15/31/5, you'll only use BS & SnD. Long story short, you'll never have enough room in your cycle for anything else.

Regarding glancing blows, 315 is indeed the cap however the formulas isn't linear. The 5 first bonus points are extremely profitable, the five next a lot less and the five last make a very little difference. So basically 310 is what you need to be aiming for. If I were you I'd stick with Mugger's rather than ACLG in order to keep Devilsaur 2/2 as long as possible btw :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Rogue