Where does Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom fit in?

Re: Where does Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom fit in?

by Soyoen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:09 am

Un peu plus de précision sur le bijou Maelstrom :

http://clanbar.free.fr/SkwaT/WoW/maelstrom.jpg

Stats effectuées sur une session MC (le "Last" c'est Garr et ses adds). Bon, ce mod ne file pas directement le pourcentage, mais après calcul ça nous fait 5.75%

A little more precision on the Maelstrom gem:

http://clanbar.free.fr/SkwaT/WoW/maelstrom.jpg

Stats performed on an MC session (the "Last" is Garr and adds). Well, this mod does not lead directly the percentage, but after calculating it gives us 5.75%

http://www.millenium.org/forum/archive/ ... -2412.html

Forgot about mithin's data, good point.

BTW, I did some testing in my spare time with maelstrom card.

EoC MH/Pugio OH, 1420 hits(I used specials, shouldn't matter here), I got 28.9 hits/proc

Pugio MH/EoC OH, 1016 hits(again, used specials), I got 25.4 hits/proc.

I'm will to chalk up the difference to small sample base. Looks like procs like Maelstrom and MSA might not even be based on MH weapon speed for chance to hit. Maybe...normalization?

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/73 ... cts/page-5

Even after the alleged "1.5% fixed proc rate" was stated players at elitistjerks had asumed the Maelstrom trinket to be based upon Weapon Speed a la PPM. This is the first and only post that mentions anything about normalization in regards to the darkmoon card: maelstrom. (Note the proc of ~3.5-4% in the sample posted)
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Solmyr » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:30 am

@Soyo (and Plask, even tho I shouldn't feed the trolls)

You seem to be grossly misinterpreting my reasons for bringing up the data I collected on ED about the trinket.

ED is not a relevant source for blizzlike behaviour of items. However, even with the [in my opinion] high proc rate of the Card on ED, it did not beat BhB for swords and was comparable for daggers. That analysis was provided in order to spare people, who find out the actual proc rate of the Card on Nostalrius, from wondering "Ok, now I know the proc rate is, for example, 4.3%, but that tells me nothing of whether it's a dps upgrade because I am not a spreadsheet guru and don't have sufficient time to test it empirically either." - this is precisely what the OP is asking. He doesn't ask "What is the proc chance/ppm of the Card", he asks "is it better than these trinkets". So even if you would be able to prove what the proc chance is/should be, that wouldn't answer his question.

The other thing you need to consider is whom does the burden of proof lie upon. I called you on your sources, you called me back on mine. I happen to concur that I don't have better sources about the blizzlike behaviour of the item, I am perfectly fine with that. You are the one, who asserts that the trinket ought to be good for pve, even tho you yourself do not seem to be quite sure what the exact proc chance/ppm should be. As soon as you make up your mind about which of your many, contradictory sources is actually correct, feel free to present it in a bug report, after having tested the actual behaviour of the Card on Nostalrius that is. And then we'll see whether your source would be deemed of sufficient validity to instigate change on the server. You are probably not unaware that Nostalrius is based on stock Mangos and they have only improved it in areas where they have had sources to improve. So until someone proves how the card should work, it would remain as is, which is the default Mangos script. And under that default script the trinket is not worth.

P.S. It's a nitpick, but did you really just say that the Card is good on "some encounters" and give an example with Chromaggus, because it has a ~1k procs on it? :? You are aware how Chromaggus works right? :roll:
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Plask » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:59 pm

Solmyr wrote:@Soyo (and Plask, even tho I shouldn't feed the trolls)

You seem to be grossly misinterpreting my reasons for bringing up the data I collected on ED about the trinket.

ED is not a relevant source for blizzlike behaviour of items. However, even with the [in my opinion] high proc rate of the Card on ED, it did not beat BhB for swords and was comparable for daggers. That analysis was provided in order to spare people, who find out the actual proc rate of the Card on Nostalrius, from wondering "Ok, now I know the proc rate is, for example, 4.3%, but that tells me nothing of whether it's a dps upgrade because I am not a spreadsheet guru and don't have sufficient time to test it empirically either." - this is precisely what the OP is asking. He doesn't ask "What is the proc chance/ppm of the Card", he asks "is it better than these trinkets". So even if you would be able to prove what the proc chance is/should be, that wouldn't answer his question.

The other thing you need to consider is whom does the burden of proof lie upon. I called you on your sources, you called me back on mine. I happen to concur that I don't have better sources about the blizzlike behaviour of the item, I am perfectly fine with that. You are the one, who asserts that the trinket ought to be good for pve, even tho you yourself do not seem to be quite sure what the exact proc chance/ppm should be. As soon as you make up your mind about which of your many, contradictory sources is actually correct, feel free to present it in a bug report, after having tested the actual behaviour of the Card on Nostalrius that is. And then we'll see whether your source would be deemed of sufficient validity to instigate change on the server. You are probably not unaware that Nostalrius is based on stock Mangos and they have only improved it in areas where they have had sources to improve. So until someone proves how the card should work, it would remain as is, which is the default Mangos script. And under that default script the trinket is not worth.

P.S. It's a nitpick, but did you really just say that the Card is good on "some encounters" and give an example with Chromaggus, because it has a ~1k procs on it? :? You are aware how Chromaggus works right? :roll:

Question: Is global warming actually happening?

Solmyr: NOOOOOOOOO
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Solmyr » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:22 am

Plask wrote:Question: Is global warming actually happening?

Solmyr: NOOOOOOOOO

There is no global warming, there is climate change.
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Xylon666Darkstar » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:08 pm

There is a star. It is the Sun.
Xylon666Darkstar
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by picklechips » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:20 am

woah, you guys like to talk about stuff here.. :ugeek:
picklechips
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Rogue