Rogue vs. Dwarf Hunter

Rogue vs. Dwarf Hunter

by Vonegut » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:41 am

Hello guys, I need some tips/tactics how to beat a dwarf hunter as a rogue.

What I do is open on a hunter with a cheap shot, then kidney, vanish, wait a little bit, reopen again. The hunter uses a trap, I manage to get around it and then it happens:

Pet stun, slowing shot on me, STONE FORM removes poisons, he gains a lot of distance, I use sprint but he keeps slowing me down and I cannot get in range to blind. He kites me to death, the end.

It only happens with dwarf hunters because they remove my crippling poison and I cannot get on them again. Is there any way to deal with them ? Or is stone form simply too OP? If so then meh, I guess how the warlocks and priests feel with me using WOTF. Anyway, any tips guys?
Vonegut
Private
Private

Re: Rogue vs. Dwarf Hunter

by Noxm » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:31 am

Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Twist » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:55 am

You should wait that he's low hp after fighting against anybody, then you ambush. That's the best way to kill him ! :lol:
<Genesis> Touiste
Twist
Grunt
Grunt

by Solmyr » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Barring the use of specialized gadgets (e.g. Frost Reflector), a rogue will lose against a hunter most of the time (assuming equal skill levels and PvP trinket), even if the hunter isn't a dwarf. Dwarf makes a little difference in the grand scheme of things.

Despite widespread belief, rogues are not the beat-all class in vanilla WoW. That title belongs to frost mages.
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Vonegut » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:41 pm

Solmyr wrote:Barring the use of specialized gadgets (e.g. Frost Reflector), a rogue will lose against a hunter most of the time (assuming equal skill levels and PvP trinket), even if the hunter isn't a dwarf. Dwarf makes a little difference in the grand scheme of things.

Despite widespread belief, rogues are not the beat-all class in vanilla WoW. That title belongs to frost mages.

Frost mages beat-all class? No, from my vanilla retail experience, equally skilled rogue or warlock with felhunter would beat a mage 90% of the time. Rogues usually need a 10 min cd for that, but still. If mages were so OP, everyone would roll one, believe me. Every class has a counter, for rogues it is clearly a hunter.

On topic: waiting for any tips/tricks to maximize the chance of not losing against a hunter. Maybe some nice openers, when to blind etc. Even if it's a lost cause, I'm sure we can do something to at least take a large portion of a hunter's hp.
Vonegut
Private
Private

by Noxm » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:02 pm

skull of impending doom

Bis againt mage, rogue and Hunter.
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by mousepad » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:02 am

you are a rogue

did you seriously use ALL those things and he still kited you

le sigh

try using gnomish net o matic. Even if it fails, it ''flings'' you next to the guy, net o matic is really retard proof when used by a rog/war. Discombobulator rays can slow too and dwarf hunters cant cleanse them( curse)

grenades come to mind aswell. They stun. Use thorium instead of iron to maximize the damage. Maybe even goblin sapper charge instead if ur looking for maximum damage.

do the quest for really sticky glue cuz it is a 10 second root if you REALLY want to win
mousepad
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Rogue