About leveling rogue

Re: About leveling rogue

by AgentMulder » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:06 am

Brinley wrote:
AgentMulder wrote:Your example being used here is incorrect. In this case the CTS sword is the overall better sword to use. The logic behind using a "slow mainhand" is because the slower weapons generally have a larger damage range, or...a higher damage ceiling. DPS is just a calculation of that range over the weapon's speed, which is why slower weapons tend to do less dps, but higher damage per hit.

The CTS sword has a higher damage ceiling (198 vs. 178) and that's all that you really need to know. Our spells (Sinister Strike, Hemo, etc) are instant-cast...so they will do that weapon damage (plus whatever the spell adds). The fact that it's also a faster sword, in this specific example, is simply a bonus.

No offense but hemmo doesn't work like Sinister Strike. SS is yes, based on wep dmg. For hemmo, wep speed does count a lot. A wep with 180 dmg 2.6 speed is much worse than a wep with 180 dmg and 2.8 speed. I already told the slower wep you have, the better hemmorage deals. That's why Teebu is better than CTS for hemmo. I didn't know about this either few time ago untill I saw some links and explanations about how this works. Maybe you should check it and find out before you judge me

I didn't "judge" you, but yes you are correct. I was thinking of Hemo spec in Burning Crusade...after it received an update so that its damage was normalized. Totally forgot that it was never normalized with Attack Power in the Vanilla days.
AgentMulder
Grunt
Grunt

by kotic » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:39 am

Hemo is still based on weapon damage even if it's not normalised, just the multiplier is different. Running the numbers quickly it seems you need around 800ap before tbl becomes better than cts for hemo, ignoring all the bonuses found on the weapons.
kotic
Grunt
Grunt

by Ligrith » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Just one question for leveling a combat sword rogue:

Is it more viable to have a slower sword (1.9 speed for example) in ur off hand or is it more viable to have a fast dagger for more poison procs?

Could anyone tell me that? din´t find anything about off-hand weapons in the leveling guides here.

Thx iA :)
Ligrith
Tester

by Brinley » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:17 pm

If you go combat specc use sword ofc for extra attack
Brinley
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Astixium » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:33 am

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fheboxZGoVbbVzxfo
That's what I used, I find riposte way too gimmicky and it helps on like on match-up in wpvp, meanwhile reduced CDs and the ability to remove slows and snares is way more worthy in my eyes, it gives you an edge vs rogues and you can make some awesome tricks with it.
Astixium - Level 60 Undead Mage.
Class Leader of <Purge>.
Astixium
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Rogue