rogues stunlocking high lvls

rogues stunlocking high lvls

by darkfoxx » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:42 am

so I have noticed that when I come across a 60 ganking lowbies, I come out to kill them and they always have some lvl 20-35 rogue stealthing around able to stun lock me not missing at all, its literally 100% hit chance. I believe this needs to be dealt with, other classes miss me tons of times before being able to touch me but a rogue can do any of his cc's and it hits immediately. I shouldn't be able to get stunlocked by a 20 rogue while a 60 mage is casting on me.
darkfoxx
Grunt
Grunt

Re: rogues stunlocking high lvls

by Unsouled » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:34 pm

That's just how it is.
Unsouled
Grunt
Grunt

by darkfoxx » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:11 pm

Unsouled wrote:That's just how it is.

No, im pretty sure its not supposed to be that way, no time in the span of vanilla have I ever thought, "man that level 20 is about to cause me to die".
darkfoxx
Grunt
Grunt

by Unsouled » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:58 am

Rogues don't even learn Cheap Shot until level 26, and Kidney Shot until level 30. Rank 1 KS is only 1s per combo point (whereas rank 2 is 2s for 1 CP, and 1 additional second per additional CP, learned at level 50).

That level of rogue also won't have Initiative, which means at most they can stunlock you for 7 seconds (CS = 4 seconds, 3-point KS = 3 seconds). I presume Gouge isn't a factor in this, because damage breaks Gouge, but who knows.

My point is, they may be able to stun you, but they won't be able to keep you stunned for very long. Once the stuns are up, you should be able to 1-2 shot them. Plus, you can see them from 500 miles away in stealth, so potentially you can avoid the problem altogether by hitting them out of stealth.
Unsouled
Grunt
Grunt

by darkfoxx » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:29 am

Unsouled wrote:Rogues don't even learn Cheap Shot until level 26, and Kidney Shot until level 30. Rank 1 KS is only 1s per combo point (whereas rank 2 is 2s for 1 CP, and 1 additional second per additional CP, learned at level 50).

That level of rogue also won't have Initiative, which means at most they can stunlock you for 7 seconds (CS = 4 seconds, 3-point KS = 3 seconds). I presume Gouge isn't a factor in this, because damage breaks Gouge, but who knows.

My point is, they may be able to stun you, but they won't be able to keep you stunned for very long. Once the stuns are up, you should be able to 1-2 shot them. Plus, you can see them from 500 miles away in stealth, so potentially you can avoid the problem altogether by hitting them out of stealth.

They shouldn't be able to hit me at all is what im saying, I don't care what moves they get at 20, I shouldn't be able to get stunned by them 100% hit accuracy when I have 40 levels on them. I asked my friend to sheep me the other day in a duel so I could life tap then get my hp back with sheep and he went oom trying to sheep me and never was able to and hes 45 while a 20 rogue only needs one spell, im not saying I cant own a 20 rogue, im saying they shouldn't be able to help level 60s interrupt my spell casts, they shouldn't even be a factor in a high level fight.
darkfoxx
Grunt
Grunt

by Unsouled » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:11 pm

darkfoxx wrote:They shouldn't be able to hit me at all is what im saying, I don't care what moves they get at 20, I shouldn't be able to get stunned by them 100% hit accuracy when I have 40 levels on them. I asked my friend to sheep me the other day in a duel so I could life tap then get my hp back with sheep and he went oom trying to sheep me and never was able to and hes 45 while a 20 rogue only needs one spell, im not saying I cant own a 20 rogue, im saying they shouldn't be able to help level 60s interrupt my spell casts, they shouldn't even be a factor in a high level fight.

Sure, I'm not saying that it isn't dumb, but that's just how melee works as opposed to spells. A low-level warrior can also charge & hamstring you.

Since CS is from stealth, it won't be dodged or parried; it will only fail if you resist it (Orcs or talents), or if it misses (because the rogue is lacking +hit). If Kidney Shot is used while you are already stunned, then this will be the same as well (because you won't be able to dodge/parry while you're stunned).
Unsouled
Grunt
Grunt

by Wrakt » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:45 pm

That's just how it works. Now it all depends on the rogue's CCing synergizing with your opponent's damage output as well as RNG working against you, but again.. you should see them pretty easily. World PvP usually isn't fair.
Wrakt - Level 60 Undead Rogue
<Epoch of Thought>
Wrakt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Rogue