Lockpicking guide 1-300

Re: Lockpicking guide 1-300

by bloodytea » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:25 pm

Wetlands lockers provide skill until 160, not 150 as the guide says.

Also just wanted to confirm that the Westfall chest atop the tower can be picked outside of any quest. Just need to go there and use your lockpicking ability there.
bloodytea
Tester

by skuishy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:18 pm

225-300 : Tanaris - Lost Rigger Cost : 7 chests - 3min respawn (really good spot)
skuishy
Private
Private

by vilkacis » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Hello!

So like 2-3 month ago i was leveling my rogue lockpicking at Searing Gorge, Slag Pit and stoped at 260 skill points,today I went back to level more,but the respown timer is huge,2-3 month ago it was like 10 sec,now i don't even know it must be more then 20 min..
Did i missed some server change for respown timers on them or it a bug?
vilkacis
Tester

by Satanspoodle » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:40 pm

vilkacis wrote:Hello!

So like 2-3 month ago i was leveling my rogue lockpicking at Searing Gorge, Slag Pit and stoped at 260 skill points,today I went back to level more,but the respown timer is huge,2-3 month ago it was like 10 sec,now i don't even know it must be more then 20 min..
Did i missed some server change for respown timers on them or it a bug?

Hey, I can confirm this. I have 300 lockpick, but SG boxes was a really really god place to farm Major healing pots before raids, i could make like 30 in 15-20 min easily. I think this was the reason they got nerfed. Every time i went to a raid, i went down there 15 min before invite, and i was usually not alone 3-4 other rogues would be doing the exact same thing.

I think this change was made with the update on 10th of august, or hotfixed between 13th-16th.
Satanspoodle
Tester

by thenuclearwalrus » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:22 pm

Im working on getting my lockpicking up, im at 89 right now so im working on the Lake Everstill boxes, what is their respawn time? I seem to only find 5 or so but they dont seem to respawn very quickly
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Galaxies » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:11 am

Bay of Storms in Azshara - Mossy Lockbox - orange at 225 yellow at 250. About 18 boxes spread out.
Myyan - 60 Human Rogue Herbalism and Alchemist

Maurine - 60 Night Elf Warrior (hacked and deleted)
Precursor - 60 Night Elf Hunter (hacked and deleted)
Galaxies
Grunt
Grunt

by Fnuller » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:43 pm

Zoram Strand in Ashenvale has 5-6 boxes. Nice area with L18-21 humanoids.
Box there gave me skill up at 125 and they are still green.
Fnuller
Tester

by wye » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:33 pm

I went at Sledge Fen a few weeks after I finished the poison quest, but you can no longer interact with the chest at the top of the tower anymore.

EDIT: I've found this tip very useful from: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=19124
you first have to click the lockpick skill, then mouseover the chest

Re-spawn timer is 5 sec.
I've spent 20 minutes to find one chest in stonetalon before I've found this. Do this chest until its gray, then do it more. Make sweet tender love to it and tell her shes the one!
There is no curse on you from opening the chest, but there is some camping.
wye
Tester

by Altoholic » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Galaxies wrote:I'm not sure if it's a bug or working as intended but I was able to level lockpicking to 95 at the mill in Redridge.

I just tried it, and was able to go to 90. After, the coffers are still green, but i can't gain any point. I tried 10 more minutes, and gave up (maybe it's pure unluck).

Edit stupid : of course, i couldn't go above : that was my level limitation ^^
Altoholic
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ignig1984 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Do I have to be lvl 35 to get past 160? The lock in Westfall is still green and LP'd at least 20 times and no skill went to trainer to try and "learn" past 160 and no luck. Should i just go to Desolace island?
ignig1984
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue