Lockpicking guide 1-300

Re: Lockpicking guide 1-300

by BeerMann » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:24 pm

Been at Lake Everstill for 30 minutes with no one else around me and haven't seen a single lockbox...
BeerMann
Tester

by Slytheryn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:19 pm

The respawn rate in the lake is stupid slow. I went there, swam around for 30 minutes. Nothing. Came back about 2 hours later swam around and got 4 or 5 skill-ups. Then, nothing. For like an hour. :roll:

Better to wait until you can solo the level 25 elite in the quest tower and pick the lock box over and over.
Slytheryn
Tester

by zaptorque » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:55 pm

you should really denote that this guide is intended to help AS YOU ARE LEVELING.

If you are 60 and need to level your lockpicking just go inside most instances and pickpocket the mobs there, will get loads of boxes to unlock....
zaptorque
Private
Private

by BeerMann » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:23 am

I went to wetlands and was unable to open any of the boxes when my skill was at 103. I went back there at 110 and could open them just fine so you may want to change the guide as it may be either 105 or 110.
BeerMann
Tester

by Firstdgr » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:51 am

You can use + 5 lock picking gloves - dark leather gloves - craftable from LW http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=4248
Firstdgr
Tester

by Barcs » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:29 am

Satanspoodle wrote:
vilkacis wrote:Hello!

So like 2-3 month ago i was leveling my rogue lockpicking at Searing Gorge, Slag Pit and stoped at 260 skill points,today I went back to level more,but the respown timer is huge,2-3 month ago it was like 10 sec,now i don't even know it must be more then 20 min..
Did i missed some server change for respown timers on them or it a bug?

Hey, I can confirm this. I have 300 lockpick, but SG boxes was a really really god place to farm Major healing pots before raids, i could make like 30 in 15-20 min easily. I think this was the reason they got nerfed. Every time i went to a raid, i went down there 15 min before invite, and i was usually not alone 3-4 other rogues would be doing the exact same thing.

I think this change was made with the update on 10th of august, or hotfixed between 13th-16th.

Agreed. The chests in Searing Gorge are definitely not worth it. I leveled my lockpicking to 200 via the under water chests in Desolace, then pickpocketed inside Zul'Farrak to push to 225. I was level 46 at the time and specced in all stealth bonuses in Sub. I had no problem PP almost every mob in there and they are plentiful. (just stay away from mobs around camp fires, they'll break you out of stealth!)
Barcs
Private
Private

by Cussler » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:36 pm

1-100ish
Starter Quest

75-120
Advanced Quest

110-150
Wetlands
Murloc Camps (on land North of menethil harbor) about 12 minute respawns, 5 boxes.

150-200
Desolace
Sar'theris Strand: Underwater, bring a potion. 7-10 minute respawn, 6 boxes in swimming distance of a bubbler.

200-225
Capital city advertising services. 225 opens all lockboxes.
They have to trade you the box, you open the box, and give them back the contents. You cannot open from the trade window. Usually takes about 2 hours.

225-275
Tanaris Lost Rigger Cove. 6 or 7 boxes on a 10 minute respawn. Given a couple of fights, they should respawn as fast as you get to them.

275-300
Doors in BRD. Three doors without mobs if you avoid one patroling fire elemental... goes green around 290ish. Reset the instance and repeat until you get locked out.

Strath is pickable at 300.

Not Pickable-
Ghaz in ZF
UBRS Door

EDIT-

Jesus people. No, this is not the only path. This is A path, by which you can get to 300 on nost reasonably well. Yes, I am sure there are other better ways. Good for you.
Cussler
Private
Private

by Overtime » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:39 pm

For Westfall tower:

/run for bag = 0,4,1 do for slot = 1, 32, 1 do local name = GetContainerItemLink(bag,slot); if name and string.find(name,"Klaven Mortwake's Journal") then PickupContainerItem(bag,slot); DeleteCursorItem(); end; end; end
/cast Pick Lock
Overtime
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Rogue