Seal Fate and Relentless Strikes

Seal Fate and Relentless Strikes

by Acetabularia » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:50 am

So I've finally decided to post a topic about this even thought I've found out about this quite some time ago. But as my memory on vanilla Rogue talents is somewhat dated, I thought i'd post topic about it.

A) Seal Fate: "Your critical strikes from abilities that award combo points have a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% chance to add an additional combo point."

This talent seems to award an additional combo point for any special ability crit if it awards a combo point or not. As it stands, eviscerate is the only non combo point awarding ability that can crit and it does in fact add a combo point when it crits (I have 0 points in ruthlessness, no that combo point did not come from there.)
This incidentally allows for some nifty shifts in rotation if you're seal fate specced, as in dump your energy into 2 backstab crits at the start of the fight, CB eviscerate and you'll have a point left for SnD.

B) Relentless Strikes: "Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to restore 25 energy."

This is where I need your help as I'm not 100% certain how this worked, though I could've sworn Relentless Strikes refunded energy regardless of if the finisher hit or not. Meaning you'd get back your energy on misses/parries/dodges and that was one of the main benefits of speccing it.

If there's any more informed people about how the scripting works and or if this is intentional I'd be thankful for your reply.

Regards,
Ace
Grand Tuna: Rúna
Lvl 19 Twink: Antigonia
Acetabularia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Seal Fate and Relentless Strikes

by Unsouled » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:14 am

If you have 0 points in Ruthlessness but you're getting a combo point from Eviscerate crits, then this sounds like a bug. Although admittedly I've never used Seal Fate without Ruthlessness, I would be surprised to hear that it intentionally awards a CP from SF on crits.

As for Relentless Strikes, it does not award energy for failed finishers. You're probably remembering Quick Recovery, which is a TBC talent that reduces the energy cost of failed finishers.
Unsouled
Grunt
Grunt

by Kuroyu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm

Interesting but hard to prove. If you are really dedicated to figuring it out all I can think of is very closely analyzing pre-tbc Rogue raid videos on youtube, im sure they exist somewhere
Kuroyu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Acetabularia » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:52 am

Unsouled wrote:If you have 0 points in Ruthlessness but you're getting a combo point from Eviscerate crits, then this sounds like a bug. Although admittedly I've never used Seal Fate without Ruthlessness, I would be surprised to hear that it intentionally awards a CP from SF on crits.

As for Relentless Strikes, it does not award energy for failed finishers. You're probably remembering Quick Recovery, which is a TBC talent that reduces the energy cost of failed finishers.

Thanks for the reply. And now that you mention Quick Recovery that could very well be it, though I could've sworn my memory of this was of my time during pre-TBC.

Kuroyu wrote:Interesting but hard to prove. If you are really dedicated to figuring it out all I can think of is very closely analyzing pre-tbc Rogue raid videos on youtube, im sure they exist somewhere

Though it'd be very nice to have it in game as I remember it, I don't feel that the effort of producing enough evidence to support a case that is frankly a very low priority item and will most likely not be addressed anytime soon, is worth it.
Grand Tuna: Rúna
Lvl 19 Twink: Antigonia
Acetabularia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Rogue