Combat dagger 18-28-5 or 15-31-5?

Combat dagger 18-28-5 or 15-31-5?

by malvaron » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:17 am

Hey guys,

I remember using this spec back in the days 18-28-5

Compared to Oto's 15-31-5

I opted to not use AR since you could only use it once every 5 minutes and I also opted to not take increased SnD duration in the assassination tree.

I remember using a rotation of:
1. backstab
2. backstab
3. SnD
repeat

Very simple.

Now, is it worth including AR? Perhaps it's such a significant damage boost when timed together with many other buffs that it pulls ahead.

Also, what do you think about not even using eviscerate?

Might be worth mentioning that I raided into Naxx with this spec and I did great on damage meters.
malvaron
Tester

Re: Combat dagger 18-28-5 or 15-31-5?

by 50shadesofayyy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:48 pm

malvaron wrote:Hey guys,

I remember using this spec back in the days 18-28-5

Compared to Oto's 15-31-5

I opted to not use AR since you could only use it once every 5 minutes and I also opted to not take increased SnD duration in the assassination tree.

I remember using a rotation of:
1. backstab
2. backstab
3. SnD
repeat

Very simple.

Now, is it worth including AR? Perhaps it's such a significant damage boost when timed together with many other buffs that it pulls ahead.

Also, what do you think about not even using eviscerate?

Might be worth mentioning that I raided into Naxx with this spec and I did great on damage meters.

Damage meters back then were a joke. Dropping imp SnD is a big no-no.
insec
50shadesofayyy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by The Shortest Path » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:14 am

Imp SnD is necessary because it lets you invest less of your cp into it and thus eviscerate more frequently, among many many other reasons.

Also cutting improved sprint is bad for a bunch of situations. Definitely not worth it for 2 points in improved poisons, of all things, ESPECIALLY if you're horde.
The Shortest Path
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Satanspoodle » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:21 pm

The Shortest Path wrote:Imp SnD is necessary because it lets you invest less of your cp into it and thus eviscerate more frequently, among many many other reasons.

Also cutting improved sprint is bad for a bunch of situations. Definitely not worth it for 2 points in improved poisons, of all things, ESPECIALLY if you're horde.

Combat dagger rogues don't use eviscerate.. With that said it's still a big no no, not to take imp SnD or AR. As after/during your AR you will get a 4-5 cp slice and dice, resulting in more backstabs/total energy
Satanspoodle
Tester

Return to Rogue