A few questions about Rogues in PvP

A few questions about Rogues in PvP

by Sharpian » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:54 am

Hi all,

My first question is about Expose Armor in PvP. Are Warriors / Paladins the only classes worth using this ability on?

Is it necessary to use all 5 combo points with Expose Armor when you have the Improved Expose Armor talent?

My last question is what is the better sword spec for endgame PvP with decent gear? I have read that Combat isn't as good until you have decent gear and then it gets better, but is it better then Hemo with decent gear? Below are the 2 specs i'm looking at currently.

Hemo 21/2/27 - http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fhe0RtzZhZxzeocGRo
Combat 18/33/0 - http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fhg0RxZG0EzbVzxco

Thanks.
Sharpian
Tester

Re: A few questions about Rogues in PvP

by Ohhgee » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:38 am

Expose armor is amazing. Put 2 points in improved expose armor. It's useful against plate of course, but also very useful for killing Druid EFC's (bear form armor) and for putting big pressure on priests that rely heavily on inner fire, etc. Use it with however many points you want, but 5 points would be recommended if you're setting up a kill in a team fight

your best bet is to get Dal'Rends from UBRS and go 21/3/27 (CB/Prep Hemo). With current content, and really even once BWL is out, you can get the job done in PvP and even 1vX on a Hemo Rogue with Dal'Rends and rank 7-10 gear (T1 amazing for PvP as well) especially if you properly tryhard with engineering and consumables

Hemo spec you posted is a bit off. The point in Vile Poisons should be in Improved Poisons for sure (you'll want to run crippling on both weps almost always btw). Ghostly Strike is debatable, but I think that point is much better spent getting 2/2 Elusiveness. Here's why: Ghostly strike is only really useful against Warriors and other Rogues (and you could say hunters but that'd be a stretch). Then if you consider that Rogue vs Rogue fights are almost always decided by who gets the opener, and that dodging a Warrior usually leads to eating an Overpower for 1/3 of your HP, there's just no way Ghostly Strike is as good as time off the CD of Blind and Vanish, which are probably your 2 best cooldowns and are useful against every single class.
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Winstons » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:19 pm

What Ohhgee says is very true, especially regarding ghostly strike. As a hemo rogue opening on another rogue, or even a warrior, you should be able to win close to 100% of the time. Ghostly strike doesn't help with the classes you will actually have problems with.
Player vs Herbs - The Trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZIUqT1wmOs
Winstons - Level 60 Undead Priest <Slacker's Corner>
Hiltts - Level 29 Human Warlock <Blessed Be The Thingy>
Hilts - Level 33 Human Mage
Winstons
Sergeant
Sergeant

by rekc » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:04 pm

At what point do daggers become preferable in PvP?
rekc
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Wessty » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:24 pm

rekc wrote:At what point do daggers become preferable in PvP?

There's no particular point really. Spec for the best weapons you have. If it's between Dal rends or a blue dagger combination, just play whichever you prefer. When you get a raid drop like Viskag or Perditions etc, then spec accordingly. If you don't raid, just play with whichever you prefer.

Ohgee pretty much nailed it. Once you progress past Dal rends, Viskag for example, I prefer to switch my off hand to a quicker dagger with good stats. Bonescraper is a great pre raid option, amazing hemo off hand. Great for poison application and 30 ap is beastly. If you raid, core hound tooth is probably the best hemo off hand you can get currently. Obviously felstriker would be great too, but I'm not so lucky :(
Wessty
Grunt
Grunt

by Sharpian » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:38 pm

This has answered all my questions thanks all I appreciate it :)
Sharpian
Tester

Return to Rogue