Offhand Question

Offhand Question

by halbtroll » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Hey Guys.

Right now i'm using as MH: Perdition's Blade(58,3 dps, 1.8 speed) and OH: Lobotomizer(47,2 dps, 1.8 speed). My Question ist: Should i better use Distracting Dagger(40,8 dps, 1.3 speed) in OH because of the 1.3 Speed compared to Lobo's 1.8 Speed?
I saw many ppl with PB in MH and Distracting in OH.

Without the Distracting Dagger i have 310 Weaponskill (5 Talent, 5 Aged Corehound Gloves)

So is it worth to lose some OH DPS for more speed and another 6 Weapon skill?

Thanks
halbtroll
Private
Private

Re: Offhand Question

by Wessty » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:03 am

I'd work on getting a bonescraper ASAP you should live in strat UD, that's the best you can get considering you have gloves.

Edit: forgot to mention there's no benefit to gaining that extra weapon skill btw. I think Oto's guide covers it its in these forums.
Wessty
Grunt
Grunt

by Particles » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Distracting dagger is really good until you have the core hound gloves. After that it's almost useless, because only the first 10 weapon skill is op.

Oto's guide has a spreadsheet attached that can easily compare weapons, but be careful with the lobotomizer: The lobotomizer has a debuff that might be able to push off other more important debuffs from bosses, which could hamper a raid/get you kicked out.
Particles
Grunt
Grunt

by Setup » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:19 am

Wessty wrote:Edit: forgot to mention there's no benefit to gaining that extra weapon skill btw. I think Oto's guide covers it its in these forums.

This is false. Although the benefit of exceeding 310 is very small, there is benefit. (iirc 310-315 is worth about ~1% crit in value.)

It's true that it provides no benefit on many other private realms, though.
Last edited by Setup on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Setup » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:20 am

Oh, and the reason not to use lobo is because it wastes a debuff slot.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Acetabularia » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:01 pm

Setup wrote:
Wessty wrote:Edit: forgot to mention there's no benefit to gaining that extra weapon skill btw. I think Oto's guide covers it its in these forums.

This is false. Although the benefit of exceeding 310 is very small, there is benefit. (iirc 310-315 is worth about ~1% crit in value.)

It's true that it provides no benefit on many other private realms, though.

I thought miss chance was
7% + (Def Skill - Weapon Skill)* 0.4% for when the difference in def and weapon skill is greater than 10
and
5% + (Def Skill - Weapon Skill)*0.4% for when the difference in def and weapon skill is within 10

So you still gain about .5% hit from stacking weaponskill past 305, and it reduces glancing blows which you can't avoid any other way. Is it worth it? I honestly don't know, it's a matter of preference, really.
Grand Tuna: Rúna
Lvl 19 Twink: Antigonia
Acetabularia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Soyoen » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:42 am

halbtroll wrote:Right now i'm using as MH: Perdition's Blade(58,3 dps, 1.8 speed) and OH: Lobotomizer(47,2 dps, 1.8 speed). My Question ist: Should i better use Distracting Dagger(40,8 dps, 1.3 speed) in OH because of the 1.3 Speed compared to Lobo's 1.8 Speed?

Without the Distracting Dagger i have 310 Weaponskill (5 Talent, 5 Aged Corehound Gloves)

So is it worth to lose some OH DPS for more speed and another 6 Weapon skill?
Thanks

Distracting dagger will increase the damage you deal on glancing blows by 5-5.65% (if you start at 310 weapon skill), aside from that you need to take in poison applyance or similar effects. Lobotomizer also have that disgusting debuff effect.
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Talk:Weapon_skill

Short answer: Yes it is worth.
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Rogue