Re: Youfie's Combat Daggers Spreadsheet

by Pottu » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Stickied.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Youfie » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Woot thanks :), one word from Slicy and I'm sticky'd, amazing!
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Fcklol » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:48 pm

Hey nice Spreadsheet ,
what will be BIS if Aq 20/40 is up ?
Fcklol
Tester

by Youfie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Fcklol wrote:Hey nice Spreadsheet ,

Haven't extensively played with every piece of gear & shit, but it seems that pre-Naxx BiS would be the following setup :
Death Sting MH / Pugio OH
C'Thun Belt, ACLG (despite Death Sting, yeah), 3/8 T2 (Bracers, Pants, Chest), 3/5 T2.5, Accuria + MDR, Prestor, C'Thun cloak.
3/8 T2 bonus being the reason why you want to use T2 pants over T2.5 (although the difference is veeery small anyway) and T2 Chest over T2.5.

Regarding Trinkets, I haven't finished my tool to model trinket swapping in my spreadsheet, but my money would be on Earthstrike + BotS, given that you'll be able to use both at the same time if everything is Blizz-like (BotS not affected by the 1.10 dual trinket nerf for some reason).

Of course if target has less than 1200 armor after SA / CoR / FF, things might change a bit ofc. But the burst of BotS, wait for the 1200 armor pen (trinket lasts 30s so you got time) then ES + BF + AR is probably completely insane.

And then vanish + swap to DFT + HoJ after CDs ofc.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Fcklol » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:31 pm

You are so awesome :)

Tyvm !
Fcklol
Tester

by Jefra » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Youfie wrote:
Fcklol wrote:Hey nice Spreadsheet ,

Haven't extensively played with every piece of gear & shit, but it seems that pre-Naxx BiS would be the following setup :
Death Sting MH / Pugio OH
C'Thun Belt, ACLG (despite Death Sting, yeah), 3/8 T2 (Bracers, Pants, Chest), 3/5 T2.5, Accuria + MDR, Prestor, C'Thun cloak.
3/8 T2 bonus being the reason why you want to use T2 pants over T2.5 (although the difference is veeery small anyway) and T2 Chest over T2.5.

Regarding Trinkets, I haven't finished my tool to model trinket swapping in my spreadsheet, but my money would be on Earthstrike + BotS, given that you'll be able to use both at the same time if everything is Blizz-like (BotS not affected by the 1.10 dual trinket nerf for some reason).

Of course if target has less than 1200 armor after SA / CoR / FF, things might change a bit ofc. But the burst of BotS, wait for the 1200 armor pen (trinket lasts 30s so you got time) then ES + BF + AR is probably completely insane.

And then vanish + swap to DFT + HoJ after CDs ofc.

This is basically what I was thinking all though I was under the impression that cloak of concentrated hate was the better cloak. Also never put much stock into BotS so maybe ill try that one out.
Jefra
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:40 pm

Yeah they're very close (Skeram's cloak is wayyyy sexier though), but my Spreadsheet shows C'Thun's cloak is slightly better. This statement is only as accurate as my Spreadsheet is ofc.
And Skeram's is back ahead if you're crit-capped though ofc.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Jefra » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:46 pm

I have a question for Youfie and other combat dagger rogues. Do you plan on staying combat daggers throughout Nostalrius or do you guys plan on switching to a seal fate build at some point? When I raided Naxx on vanilla I stuck with combat daggers the entire way. Not sure how viable that actually was in Naxx but that is what I did at least. I was messing around on another private server with the seal fate spec and it does seem to be more fun then combat daggers because you get to do more than just keep up slice and dice the entire time. Does anyone have experience with both and know how much of a dps difference there is between the two? And for any of you guys that have tried seal fate I have a few questions about that as well. For starters what do you use cold blood on? I would think a 5 point eviscerate would make the most sense but I could see potential cases for other uses for it. Also what rotation do you use? I think I mostly have figured that out as well but I wasn't sure if it was better to use snd/evis when I had 4 combo points or waiting till 5 and potentially wasting a combo point.
Jefra
Grunt
Grunt

by Noisy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:12 am

Hey man ! Awesome work, been looking for something like this for us dagger rogues ! :D

Got a couple of questions tho:
- Apparantly +10 str food gives me more dps then +20 str food ! (guessing thats a bug, or that the two show eachothers value)
- It seems Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas is better for me then BB in my current settup (posted below) is that because im to close to the crit cap?
- Id heard rumors about +15 agi on MH beeing better then +5 wep dmg, but in my mind the big shiny numbers kinda blocked out the "small" ap/crit gain from +15 agi. Is there some fights where one beats the other, or is +15 agi just flat out better?
- According to your spreadsheet the crit cap is roughly 46.4%, a sum im basically 0.5% from reaching while using my normal raid buffs, when/if I hit the crit cap, will it be beneficial for me to dump crit for another stat, and if so what stat?

Alot of questions, I know, Im sorry ! Any help you would be willing to offer would be great tho, Im the new classleader of my guild, and feel my knowledge lacking in theese more indepth discussions ! :?

Gear:
T2 Head
Prestors
T1 Shoulders
Cloak of Firemaw
T2 Chest
T2 Bracers
ACLG
T2 Belt
Boots of the Shadow Flame
Band of Accuria
Master Dragonslayer's Ring
Hand of Justice
Blackhands Breath

928 AP (364 Agi)
30.95% Crit
10% Hit (15% with talents)
Unbuffed stats.
Class: Human

Again, thank you for the spreadsheet, its great ! :mrgreen:
Best regards, Chodefoofoo TDA
Last edited by Noisy on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chodefoofoo
Rogue Class Leader of The Dark Alliance
Noisy
Private
Private

by Noisy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:16 am

Jefra wrote:I have a question for Youfie and other combat dagger rogues. Do you plan on staying combat daggers throughout Nostalrius or do you guys plan on switching to a seal fate build at some point? When I raided Naxx on vanilla I stuck with combat daggers the entire way. Not sure how viable that actually was in Naxx but that is what I did at least. I was messing around on another private server with the seal fate spec and it does seem to be more fun then combat daggers because you get to do more than just keep up slice and dice the entire time. Does anyone have experience with both and know how much of a dps difference there is between the two? And for any of you guys that have tried seal fate I have a few questions about that as well. For starters what do you use cold blood on? I would think a 5 point eviscerate would make the most sense but I could see potential cases for other uses for it. Also what rotation do you use? I think I mostly have figured that out as well but I wasn't sure if it was better to use snd/evis when I had 4 combo points or waiting till 5 and potentially wasting a combo point.

I kinda wanna try Seal Fate aswell, I read some ooold post about seal fate eclipsing and surpassing combat daggers at some point (when you get enough crit, i THINK). Seal Fate seems much more fun then combat !

If snd is running out in the time it would take to rebuild 3+ CP im guessing SnD. If not, evi. Regarding the possibly wasted CP im unsure if using another BS possibly wasting 1 CP to get a 5CP evi is better/worse then using the 4CP evi and starting fresh.

Chodefoofoo
Chodefoofoo
Rogue Class Leader of The Dark Alliance
Noisy
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue