Detection breaking Stealth

Re: Detection breaking Stealth

by Slicy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Woosty wrote:Curious about this myself. Seems like it should be a top priority considering it's for an ability that basically defines a class.

A lot of major class related bugs have been reported with reliable proofs and confirmed. They remain so during months so this does not seem to be a top priority at the moment.
Only thing you can do is to have this discussion on the bug tracker and add more sources/proofs to the bug reports (or create one if none exists) and keep bumping them.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sicksense » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:26 pm

jsb wrote:I'm surprised there isn't more discussion here about this long-standing bug with the core mechanic of this class:

Currently on Nostalrius, being detected by an enemy NPC immediately breaks you out of Stealth. This is a bug. In original WoW, being detected did not have an effect on Stealth directly. Instead, it would cause the NPC to attack you and only this attack would be what broke you out of Stealth. Consequently, it was often possible to land a Cheap Shot on a target after being detected, but before the enemy could land its first attack on you.

So, this is a serious bug which basically negates one of the great advantages of Cheap Shot in solo PvE, i.e. the fact that it can be used while in front of the enemy.

While the current behavior is obviously incorrect and needs to fixed, I'm not sure about some of the details of the correct Stealth breaking behavior. I was hoping that some of you might have some recollection (or better: evidence) of how the original mechanics worked. That way, we could compile instructions on how the correct behavior needs to be implemented.

The points I'm not so sure about:
  • Taking damage from attacks and spells certainly broke Stealth. But what about enemy attacks that missed you, or which you avoided by dodging / parrying? Would those keep you stealthed?
  • What about fully resisting a spell?
  • It seems like crowd control effects all broke Stealth. Were there any exceptions? How about resisted crowd control effects?
  • Would you break out of Stealth as soon as an enemy NPC started casting a spell or only as soon as the spell hit?

This is a bug yeah.
But guess they are to busy making some retarded event instead of fixing importat shit on this server.
sicksense
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:42 pm

All resisted spells cancelled your Stealth on retail until BC though, and don't cancel it here, though.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Woosty » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Youfie wrote:All resisted spells cancelled your Stealth on retail until BC though, and don't cancel it here, though.

Ok, but as soon as an NPC starts casting a spell on you you've already aggroed and stealth has been broken. I can see how this would occur in an AoE situation but I'd imagine that situation is such a rare occurrence.
Woosty
Tester

by ebashuvkashu » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:02 am

This is very serious bug with stealth as long as mobs parrying atacks and you don't regaining part of energy back. I think stealth detection is bugged too, because mobs see me in stealth far away. Only one clean way to land cheap shot is to use Distraction. If I remember correctly, In retail Classic WOW when mob was about to see you, he will turn his head to your position. This was some kind of warning to you. No such thing on this server, mobs just break your stealth when they see you, and I mean they see you in stealth far away. Sometimes I think that stealthed and unstealthed aggro radius is the same LOL. And of course a lot of bugs with other classes. I don't think it will be resolved too fast. AQ and NAXX is top priority :lol: :lol: Don't care about gameplay, yeah!
ebashuvkashu
Private
Private

by Youfie » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:55 pm

ebashuvkashu wrote:This is very serious bug with stealth as long as mobs parrying atacks and you don't regaining part of energy back. I think stealth detection is bugged too, because mobs see me in stealth far away. Only one clean way to land cheap shot is to use Distraction. If I remember correctly, In retail Classic WOW when mob was about to see you, he will turn his head to your position. This was some kind of warning to you. No such thing on this server, mobs just break your stealth when they see you, and I mean they see you in stealth far away. Sometimes I think that stealthed and unstealthed aggro radius is the same LOL. And of course a lot of bugs with other classes. I don't think it will be resolved too fast. AQ and NAXX is top priority :lol: :lol: Don't care about gameplay, yeah!

Stealth Detection is fine, use MoD if needed. Energy cost of combo-awarding specials and detection "Warning" from mobs are indeed broken.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by jsb » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:42 am

The dev team recently announced they're going to take some time fixing existing game mechanic bugs before moving on with new content. Let's hope this Stealth bug is also on their radar.
jsb
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Tosicx » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:29 pm

jsb wrote:The dev team recently announced they're going to take some time fixing existing game mechanic bugs before moving on with new content. Let's hope this Stealth bug is also on their radar.

+1
Tosicx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Avalan » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:47 pm

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=235

It's been sitting there for 8 months now, clearly devs don't give a fuck
Avalan
Tester

by Dish » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:07 pm

Shame really. This is a major class bug.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue