Understanding the rogue class: Soyoen's way

Re: Understanding the rogue class: Soyoen's way

by Soyoen » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:07 pm

50shadesofayyy wrote:Excellent guide Soyoen

Thank you, hope it came of use :)

Particles wrote:
Soyoen wrote:This is however what I'm thinking if the formula is to be used with the glancing blows included: Either (1) the glancing blow occurance is put at the minimum during the proc as they mechanically should not be able to crit, or that (2) the glancing blows occur but instead are treated and labeled as normal hits that can crit and will crit due to the proc, or (3) that all NPCs are treated as they are 1 level below you during the duration and hence glancing blows cannot occur with Athans formula.

I'm trying to remember why I was so sure felstriker was a poor offhand on this server (compared to raid weapons like viskag): I have a feeling the procrate isn't 4% on this server, but I haven't seen anything but first hand accounts and the fact that nobody uses it. https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22677

Also, the OH swings affected (for felstriker OH) should be calculated differently, because the swing timers will always line up. Assuming a swing that procs felstiker isn't affected, you get exactly 3/1.7 round down, or 1 affected swing per proc for no S&D, and 3/1.7*1.3 round down, or 2 affected swings per proc with S&D.

Items are usually cast in and out like a towel over time, like the meta game changes in DOTA after each patch. It can of course be that the ppm is lower, but it all sounds so... weird - considering other items reportedly recieve a boosted proc rate as slicy pointed out (such as vis'kag amongst others).

The input on the offhand is great and I'll get that fixed when the next update comes (probably during early next weekend as I usually am busy during the daily weekdays). I can't think of any ways to do something similar with the main hand but this change will tune it into the right direction.

bockhorn wrote:I must be retarded or something, but I fail to see the use of the spreadsheet, items are missing, and how do I specify what talents I'm using?

Items missing is a design choice, there are a lot of items out there that are not worth going for as a raider and I have due to that only included items that will form preraid bis to endgame bis to make it easier to navigate. If it's not on the spreadsheet and you feel it is worth getting (currently preraid bis - content 1 bis(MC) - content 2 bis(BWL/ZG) - etc) then make a post here and I'll add it in a update :)

Combat Sword/Mace/Fist rogues will have one cookie cutter spec that shouldn't vary for minmax dps, daggers is a bit harder but has what is needed for minmaxing. As I have stated in the changelog though:

Down the road a talent calculator will be implemented to give further options of customization to users of the spreadsheet.

Best of regards
Soyoen
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Particles » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:22 am

Assuming your MH isn't 1.7 like felstriker, it should just be random, like the original formula.

As for spec, at least points like lethality, ruthlessness, imp evisc, imp poisons, aggression, murder, and weapon expertise would really help. Poisons is really close to or better than lethality at low gear levels or fast weps, if you're alliance, and if you have maladath you gotta figure out the best place to put the last expertise point.

For buffs, a list of what's assumed for Raid/Full World Buffs would be really helpful, so then people could manually swap them if they wanted to.
Particles
Grunt
Grunt

by Soyoen » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:20 pm

Update
The RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet has been updated with some new information that can be seen in the changelog on page 1 (click). Amongst the updates I'd like to lift forward a few new additions: Talent system, Armor selection for targets and time selection now accurately predicts the dps done during that period of time.

A big thanks to everyone who has downloaded and taken a look at the sheet (1400+), and of course to all who contributes with eventual thoughts and likewise. If you find any weird behaviour then either post it here or send me a private message:)

Best of regards
Soyoen

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by fukanoshi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:45 pm

So Crusader is actually better than agility on off-hand?
fukanoshi
Private
Private

by Soyoen » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:25 am

fukanoshi wrote:So Crusader is actually better than agility on off-hand?

Always dealing with events of probability and different situations; In current content (mc, zg, bwl) I'd go with double crusader as I value the possibility of obtaining double procs which in turn for me would provide great value if I can get them early on in a boss fight which right now are fairly short. Granted, the two enchants in the offhand weapon slot can be considered about equal to one another - although one is more luck based to pull ahead.

Short answer: They're about equal for rogues in the offhand; get agility if you want something constant and reliable, crusader if you want something more luck based that you can time cooldowns with.

Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sevirus » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:55 pm

Soyoen, im a PvE combat sword rogue. I've been using double dalrend swords, I had mirahs song in my bank waiting for viskag but I got a Brutality Blade yesterday. I was wondering which set up would you use for max dps?

Brutality Blade MH / Mirahs Song OH

Dalrend MH / Brutality Blade OH
Sevirus
Tester

by Fyralix » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Sevirus wrote:Soyoen, im a PvE combat sword rogue. I've been using double dalrend swords, I had mirahs song in my bank waiting for viskag but I got a Brutality Blade yesterday. I was wondering which set up would you use for max dps?

Brutality Blade MH / Mirahs Song OH

Dalrend MH / Brutality Blade OH

BBlade MH / Mirah's OH is far superior due to faster OH and higher dmg in MH
Fyralix
Private
Private

by killdashnine » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:50 pm

Excel noob here. How do I add missing items to the roguedps sheet?

FYI: I'm using LibreOffice (OpenOffice), but everything seems to work.

edit: ok found it, just unhide the sheets for the slot, nice (and drag the arrays to fit the new rows).
killdashnine
Tester

by Soyoen » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:31 pm

A minor update has been applied to the RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet.

What has been changed?
T0,5 proc adjusted
Mirah's song added
Sword specialization formula "polished"

Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by picartman » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:31 am

I'm not sure if I filled out something incorrectly, but I'm getting 5 more DPS on Hakkari Warblade OH when compared to Maladath OH for my Orc rogue. Is Warblade better than Maladath for OH?
picartman
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue