Understanding the rogue class: Soyoen's way

Re: Understanding the rogue class: Soyoen's way

by Youfie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:36 pm

piratesthatpwn wrote:Thank you! I was able to figure it out! Isn't as complicated as you think it is.

Where you able to do it retail or is this just a by product of private servers?

I've heard it wasn't possible on retail, and I never did it on retail. But I don't specifically remember try it that much back in the day, so it might have been possible.

On the other hand I can't find any trustworthy source / Rogue guide from retail talking about this being possible, and I think it would be the kind of thing that would have deserved some remarks, so my guess is it wasn't possible on retail.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Soyoen » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:59 am

Youfie wrote:
piratesthatpwn wrote:Thank you! I was able to figure it out! Isn't as complicated as you think it is.

Where you able to do it retail or is this just a by product of private servers?

On the other hand I can't find any trustworthy source / Rogue guide from retail talking about this being possible, and I think it would be the kind of thing that would have deserved some remarks, so my guess is it wasn't possible on retail.

I can't recall anyone promoting such usage but there is a possibility that it was present due to the 120-220ms you ran around with at the time. If not I would always be interested to know what would cause the behaivour to differ :)
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Zingultus » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi soyoen,

Since i'm in Smartphone right Now i can't Open the Spreadsheet.
My simple question is: maelstrom Card > rune of the guard captain if yellow hit capped?
Zingultus
Tester

by Abnz » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:33 pm

With AQ soon™ comeing,and the Treasure of the Timeless One quest would the dagger be better then corehound, or would the sword be better then Brutality/warblade? Through about taking the time to do the quest's as i didnt do it on retail.
Abnz
Private
Private

by Soyoen » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:17 am

Update
The RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet has been updated with some new information that can be seen in the changelog on page 1 (click). Changes include minor visual tweaks and making sure the right rotation is used for dagger users when it comes to calculating the amount of eviscerates/s. Aside from this a few items were added to make sure Emerald Dragons/AQ Quest chain rewards are accounted for.

Zingultus wrote:Hi soyoen,

Since i'm in Smartphone right Now i can't Open the Spreadsheet.
My simple question is: maelstrom Card > rune of the guard captain if yellow hit capped?

Depends on your gear (preraid bis, mc/zg bis, bwl bis?), what opponent you are hitting (armor levels, resistance to the nature school), how buffed you are (nothing, a few pots like mongoose, juju power and likewise, or fully buffed with world buffs). A general case could be that once you have two or more world buffs (be it songflower, onyxia, dm or zg) with a mix of preraid and MC gear, the guard captain will overtake the maelstrom card.

Abnz wrote:With AQ soon™ comeing,and the Treasure of the Timeless One quest would the dagger be better then corehound, or would the sword be better then Brutality/warblade? Through about taking the time to do the quest's as i didnt do it on retail.

Yes to both (Sorrow>cht, ravencrest>brutality/warblade).
(Non buffed (human) ravencrest>maladath, with full world buffs (human) maladath>ravencrest.)

Best of regards
Soyo

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ayag » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Hello,

I posted this on the other stickied thread but maybe it will have more visibility here.

I wondered if there was a relation between DPS, Crit & raw AP ?
Mainly to compare items that have either raw AP or str/agi.
Something like 1 crit = x DPS & 1 AP = y dps.

It may scale with your gear and not be the same depending on current ap/crit/hit, in this case is there a raw formula ?
Cheers.
Ayag
Grunt
Grunt

by Soyoen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:10 am

Ayag wrote:I wondered if there was a relation between DPS, Crit & raw AP ?
Mainly to compare items that have either raw AP or str/agi.
Something like 1 crit = x DPS & 1 AP = y dps.

It may scale with your gear and not be the same depending on current ap/crit/hit, in this case is there a raw formula ?
Cheers.

In preraid bis gear including pvp items up to rank 11 whilst attacking a boss (level 63), gaining 1 crit/ap/ag is somewhere around:
1 crit ~4,65dps
1 AP ~0,26dps
1 AG ~0,42dps

Depending on how buffed you are and how good gear you actually have these values will differ. I'm sure there are some crude rules available for these values to be found somewhere. Obviously at times it can be hard to determine the value of an item, a good example in early content is the wrist slot where a random green item with +30AP was superior to the Deepfury Bracers unbuffed whilst the other way around buffed.

Regards
Soyo

Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ayag » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:47 am

Thanks for your answer.

Does that mean that, regarding food buffs, Grilled Squid (+10agi) is better than Desert Dumplings (+20str) ?
The former would give (29/10)*4.65+10*0.42 = 5.8 when the latter gives 20*0.26 = 5.2 ?
Unless I am wrong and counting the agility twice in the first case (ie. it should only be 10*0.42=4.2) ?
Ayag
Grunt
Grunt

by Soyoen » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:54 am

Ayag wrote:Thanks for your answer.

Does that mean that, regarding food buffs, Grilled Squid (+10agi) is better than Desert Dumplings (+20str) ?
The former would give (29/10)*4.65+10*0.42 = 5.8 when the latter gives 20*0.26 = 5.2 ?
Unless I am wrong and counting the agility twice in the first case (ie. it should only be 10*0.42=4.2) ?

You missunderstood me, the AG dps value does take account for the small crit increase. Hence it is ((10*0,42) - (20*0,26)) for those two buffs in this specific case.

Regards
Soyo

Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Oelberg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:18 pm

Hello Soyoen,

big thank you for all the work and effort you put in this, your fellow rogues really appreciate it!!!

I am currently considering to switch from Oto's sheet to yours, therefore i'm taking a deeper look at your spreadsheet. In the process I have found something that may be of interest:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=12460 Juju Might with +40AP for 10 minutes did stack with http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=12820 Winterfall Firewater the last time I checked it (about 1 month ago).
Sadly I cannot check it at the moment.
It is neither listed nor calculated with in your spreadsheet as a raidbuff.
I will double check as soon as possible whether it stacks or not.
Should it not be listed in the sheet if its still stacking?

I will come back at you with more info =)

/edit1: hey man, just one question about something that I found when I was trying to figure out why my ingame char has less AP with my gear then what your spreadsheet says. This here is your Formula from B8 in the Main_Sheet:

http://imgur.com/GGQij6C

Why did you put the Horde World Buffs AP flat bonus in "" and the other ones not? Just curious, it should still be very accurate.

Greetz Oelberg
Last edited by Oelberg on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oelberg
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue