Understanding the rogue class: Soyoen's way

Re: Understanding the rogue class: Soyoen's way

by Soyoen » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:07 pm

Working on a "final" version of the RogueDPS Reborn sheet where I overhaul bits in the damage calculations sheet to amongst others make extra attacks easier to track, I hope with the changes I make there wont be any major work left to do in the sheet. I'll as always post and update here and on therebirth's boards when I release the "final" version.

Until then I wish you all the best :)
Soyo
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Soyoen » Mon May 16, 2016 12:37 am

Soyoen wrote:Working on a "final" version of the RogueDPS Reborn sheet where I overhaul bits in the damage calculations sheet to amongst others make extra attacks easier to track, I hope with the changes I make there wont be any major work left to do in the sheet. I'll as always post and update here and on therebirth's boards when I release the "final" version.

Until then I wish you all the best :)
Soyo

I'm quoting myself, I'm such a tool.

Anyways, the final version has been uploaded unless some major bug is encountered. You will find all the worthwhile changes in the changelog, but obviously there is some code rewrite/cleanup throughout the sheet. Extra attacks rewritten, missing food buffs & totems added, rank 9 eviscerate optional, seal fate talent, thrash blade added, 30s timespan, base miss formula adjustment to match a situation that we as rogue will very rarely experience. Aside from this I went through the energycycle sheet and did some adjustments in how things are calculated in order to get the sealfate talent to work properly.

It's been a long time in the making, all the best.
Soyoen

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Mon May 16, 2016 2:32 am

Very good Guide , inspiring me to create "Understanding the paladin class for each spec": Killerduki's way

I might copy so many stuffs and translate into "paladin side" from you. Hope you don't mind .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Soyoen » Tue May 17, 2016 12:37 am

smilkovpetko wrote:Very good Guide , inspiring me to create "Understanding the paladin class for each spec": Killerduki's way

I might copy so many stuffs and translate into "paladin side" from you. Hope you don't mind .

Thank you and it sounds fine, looking forward to reading it :)

Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bloodmoon » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi ! Soyoen,you did good spreadshit , but i find some glitch - if choose 8 piece t3 & Sealfate 5/5 then spreadshit is bugged - freeway changing
crit,dps,dmg. And sometimes i see minus dps info (ex. -1345 -6754 ..)
Bloodmoon
Tester

by Soyoen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:25 am

2017-12-26
RogueDPS Reborn: Penta digits download update
  • Bad eyesight: Deathdealer head stats & Ironfoe proc chance corrected.
  • Charting trip: Stats comparison values (Pareto) & Armor reduction charts added.
  • CLUCK! CLUCK! CLUCK!: Gnomish Battle Chicken AS buff added.
  • Cycling: Fixed display error on cycles (midrange showing correct values now).
  • Divide & Conquer: Combat tables split up (example: eviscerate now has a combat table of its own) & crit/hit dependency in relation to crit cap has been corrected.
  • Fists of Fury: Fist Crit and Fistfury is now accounted for special attacks.
  • How hard could it be...?: Racials corrected.
  • In a hurry: Blade Flurry talent will now will better represented towards single target DPS.
  • LFI: Decent amount of items and setbonus added or fixed in the spreadsheet (e.g. Nightslayer, Shadowcraft, Stormshroud, Veiled Shadows, all PVP items & Renataki amongst others).
  • Shilling: Fixed a minor double input coming from energycycle resulting in bias towards non-daggers in regards to eviscerate damage.
  • Stonehunter: Elemental sharpening & dense sharpening added as weapon buff options (WF will no longer be autoselected for Horde).
  • The sheet wrecker: The 8 set piece bonus for Bloodscythe will no longer completely destroy the sheet whilst being correct.
  • Typefixer: Fixed a typo in the Weapon Skill MH formula.
  • U and I: Redesign of selection UI to provide better insight when choosing talents/gear and likewise.
  • yAR: Armor reduction and armor values has had seen features added, bug fixes and in general more focus towards it.
  • Your fate is sealed: Seal Fate is now fully working due to a decent rewrite in Energycycle.
  • What? They've always been there!: Vigor & Cold Blood added (Vigor will only shows improvement at shorter fight durations).
  • Additional: There has been a lots of improvements, bugfixes and likewise made from time to time that I havn't kept track off.

Regards
Soyoen

Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Slicy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for adding all those new features and keeping the sheet updated.

On the topic of stones, I'm curious about what you used to simulate Dense Sharpening Stones dmg addition to Sinister Strike hits and crits ?

The overall dps results seemed a bit off to me compared to the results I ended up having with less gear than what I put into the sheet and on a non patchwerk boss fight ; as well as by just comparing IP and DSP in the sheet with similar gear, armor values, buffs, etc. So I looked into it.

Perhaps this would be explained by the cell B9 and B10 about SS hits and crits damage. Both of which are completely unchanged upon going from IP to DSP, unlike B3 and B4 for MH and OH white damage calcs which take into account the +8 weapon damage increase.

B10 being based off B9, the issue lies within B9 formula, I think. And this is where we apply Aggression modifier in B9 and then Lethality for B10.

With +8 weap dmg, SS hits and crits should be quite different than with IP as weapon buff, but they currently aren't, at all.

On a less nerdy note and for the sake of completeness, I believe Mark of The Champion could be added as a trinket option. With a straight up +150 AP as effect and nothing else (the user being smart enough to understand the Undead/Demons situation).

Regards,

Slicy
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Rogue