Stealth Bugged

Re: Stealth Bugged

by sin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:53 am

While the rogue still has the Vanish buff, Stealth is several levels higher than it is normally, allowing the rogue to remain undetected, even versus players that are much higher level.

It was like this back then, on Nostalrius I have been already charged while having the Vanish Buff active (by a Player 3 levels higher).
Both - Vanish stealth level and normal stealth level have not the right values.

It's hard to find any evidence since you won't find any videos of someone beeing charged while having the buff.
I've been playing Rogue since beta untill TBC and can only contribute with my knowledge from back then and it wasn't anything like this.

cheers
sin
Tester

by Youfie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:24 pm

sin wrote:
While the rogue still has the Vanish buff, Stealth is several levels higher than it is normally, allowing the rogue to remain undetected, even versus players that are much higher level.

It was like this back then, on Nostalrius I have been already charged while having the Vanish Buff active (by a Player 3 levels higher).
Both - Vanish stealth level and normal stealth level have not the right values.

It's hard to find any evidence since you won't find any videos of someone beeing charged while having the buff.
I've been playing Rogue since beta untill TBC and can only contribute with my knowledge from back then and it wasn't anything like this.

cheers

Being charged while having the Vanish buff has nothing to do with what we're currently discussing, it's off-topic. I have no issue with the level of Stealth provided by the Vanish spells on Nostalrius. Which rank were you using? What level were you and your opponent? Did he have used like Perception or anything? Did you only have the Vanish buff but not the regular Stealth on you? They're plenty of reasons that could explain that.

Anyway, back to the topic : no, you should NOT be able to right click your Stealth buff and keep your Vanish buff (the opposite should be possible, and it is). Please provide any footage from 2005-2006 or trustworthy sources to back up your statement dude, cause this would be extremely weird to me. It doesn't actually make any sense, since the Stealth you have isn't even a real Stealth, you're not in Stealth stance if you just have the Vanish buff. You're hidden from plain sight in a buggy way and while being able to run at full speed.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by sin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:45 pm

did you even read what I've posted? This thread is about the stealth level being not correct, so you can be seen from far distances.
To describe it more clear:
My Rogue (Level 34 Human) has been charged 2 seconds after vanishing (Vanish Buff still there - Stealth ACTIVE) by an Orc Warrior (Level 37 - No Perception!). This means he could see and target me right after vanishing from quite some distance. Either the Vanish Buff is not working correctly or has the same poor stealth level as stealth itself.
sin
Tester

by Youfie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:00 pm

sin wrote:did you even read what I've posted? This thread is about the stealth level being not correct, so you can be seen from far distances.
To describe it more clear:
My Rogue (Level 34 Human) has been charged 2 seconds after vanishing (Vanish Buff still there - Stealth ACTIVE) by an Orc Warrior (Level 37 - No Perception!). This means he could see and target me right after vanishing from quite some distance. Either the Vanish Buff is not working correctly or has the same poor stealth level as stealth itself.

Well, I have to admit I read you wrong, I thought you were quoting the Cancel-Stealth-But-Not-Vanish-Buff and saif it was normal and using as an argument the fact that you were charged etc. Sorry budy, my bad, it didn't bother to read what you had quoted :).

Regarding the Vanish Stealth level, it seems pretty damn fine to me, I'm not able to find Rogue that Vanish when I use Perception, while Perception works fine when they're just using regular Stealth. Was you using the last rank of Vanish? Cause each rank gives you a flat amount of +Stealth, which means the higher you get, the less usefull your rank of vanish becomes versus players of your level. that's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Otherwise, well I really don't know, cause my vanish works fine :(
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by sin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm up for more testing, however respeccing is getting very expensive :(

I don't know what you mean by last rank... Rogue is always using the last rank - you can't downrank other then just not buy your newest skills. As of my level there is only vanish rank 1 and stealth rank 2 ;)
What's your level? Maybe it's only an issue with Vanish (Rank 1)?
sin
Tester

by Youfie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:55 pm

sin wrote:I'm up for more testing, however respeccing is getting very expensive :(

I don't know what you mean by last rank... Rogue is always using the last rank - you can't downrank other then just not buy your newest skills. As of my level there is only vanish rank 1 and stealth rank 2 ;)
What's your level? Maybe it's only an issue with Vanish (Rank 1)?

Yeah, I was talking about not buying new spells :).

Vanish rank 1 is learned at level 22. I don't know exactly how much, but Vanish gives you a flat amount of +Stealth, that doesn't scale with level (contrary to your regular Stealth that scales with level and which every rank are not "more effective than previous rank" like Vanish is). This amount is kinda huge for the level of the spell, so that even a Perception racial can't "pierce through it" if your enemy is around your level, but the more you level, the less it becomes effective.

That's what I have in mind about Vanish mechanism, and so far it seem to be working properly. Maybe do a few duels with some friends of your level, and try again when you'll learn Vanish rank 2 and keep us updated? :)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Xfiles » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:40 pm

Stealth feels useless at least at lower lvls. Does it get any better?
I'm a new rogue here and It's really really bad. I'm lvl 16 now and normal mobs 2 level lower than me have no problems seeing me. I'm not even close, yet they detect me and immediately attack. And it's not just some specific type of mob, it's all of them.
It's really discouraging, iconic class ability to sneak around is basically nonexistent, it's impossible to sneak past any monster.
I really really hope it's better for a higher level character.
Xfiles
Tester

by Youfie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Xfiles wrote:Stealth feels useless at least at lower lvls. Does it get any better?
I'm a new rogue here and It's really really bad. I'm lvl 16 now and normal mobs 2 level lower than me have no problems seeing me. I'm not even close, yet they detect me and immediately attack. And it's not just some specific type of mob, it's all of them.
It's really discouraging, iconic class ability to sneak around is basically nonexistent, it's impossible to sneak past any monster.
I really really hope it's better for a higher level character.

It gets a lot better once you get 5/5 MoD, once you learn to sneak onto mobs from behind, once you learn Distract to turn them the way you want to, once you remember how was Vanilla Stealth during earlier levels, and once the dev team will have fixed the "alert" detection of the mobs and the fact that they shouldn't get you out off Stealth right when they see you but when they attack you :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dondurma » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:38 pm

why the devs haven't said anything yet? We need some explanation even if it is not a bug :/
Dondurma
Private
Private

by Youfie » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Dondurma wrote:why the devs haven't said anything yet? We need some explanation even if it is not a bug :/

I think the dev team is busy enough for now to fix other proven bugs not to make tests trying to reproduce bugs that aren't even certain ;). It's up to the players to prove that Stealth is buged if we want them to have a look into it.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue