Combat swords spec (endgame content)

Combat swords spec (endgame content)

by Sephirothpvp » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Undead rogue. I read that imp poisons is not needed cause of windfury in the main hand.

Which of these two would you recommend?

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#f0efoxZMhqbbVzxfo

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fhxfoxZMhqbbVzxfo

Any tips are more than welcome :)
Bloodvenom - 60 Undead Rogue
Sephirothpvp
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Combat swords spec (endgame content)

by Vices » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:26 pm

The first specc is what I would use, eviscerate isn't used that much for it to be worth sacrificing ruthlessness.
hello
Vices
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Robotron » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:44 pm

There is no reason not to take Imp Gouge.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by TaurenRogue » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:10 pm

Robotron wrote:There is no reason not to take Imp Gouge.

there is... you lose 3% chance to dodge whirlwind/cleave on some bosses and trash mob attacks, while gouge is usable on nearly nothing in relevant content...

on topic: 3 points in ruthlessness always, and 2 go into murder or evis depending on content... murder is not super-useful in aq40 for example and u should have 2/3 evis there
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sephirothpvp » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Thanks for the replies! Yeah i figure murder is quite specific, not useful in naxx either but still a while for that :p I'll go with Ruthlessness then.
Sephirothpvp
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Slicy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:26 pm

There is. Imp Gouge is completely worthless for raiding while other talents bring something on the table.

Depending on the content you farm/progress on, the 2 specs are both missing 3/3 Improved Backstab which is pretty neat to have for Vael as soon as you get a decent MH dagger.
2 of those 3 points can be taken from 2/2 Improved Sprint (doesn't dispel Nef's Rogue Class Call and the occasions you'll dispel a root/snare in raids are very rare and usually meaningless).
The 3rd point can be taken from your 1/5 Deflection or 3/5 Lightning Reflexes or 2/2 Endurance depending on if you prefer more chances to dodge/parry or have Evasion & Sprint more often.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sephirothpvp » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:03 am

Slicy wrote:

There is. Imp Gouge is completely worthless for raiding while other talents bring something on the table.

Depending on the content you farm/progress on, the 2 specs are both missing 3/3 Improved Backstab which is pretty neat to have for Vael as soon as you get a decent MH dagger.
2 of those 3 points can be taken from 2/2 Improved Sprint (doesn't dispel Nef's Rogue Class Call and the occasions you'll dispel a root/snare in raids are very rare and usually meaningless).
The 3rd point can be taken from your 1/5 Deflection or 3/5 Lightning Reflexes or 2/2 Endurance depending on if you prefer more chances to dodge/parry or have Evasion & Sprint more often.

1. There was no need to necro this thread, already 60 and wrecking on dps :P

2. The title says combat SWORDS, why would you mention Backstab? O.o
Sephirothpvp
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Youfie » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Sephirothpvp wrote:
Slicy wrote:

1. There was no need to necro this thread, already 60 and wrecking on dps :P

2. The title says combat SWORDS, why would you mention Backstab? O.o

He meant that even as a Swords spec, Backstab > Swords on Vael.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Nikolumsen » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:55 pm

Youfie wrote:He meant that even as a Swords spec, Backstab > Swords on Vael.

So, even as a swords/combat rogue, you'd still have a MH dagger to switch to specifically for that encounter?
Nikolumsen
Tester

by Drain » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:12 pm

The first build is about as good as you can get. I would take the Imp Evis over Ruthlessness though, since you cannot use Rupture or Expose. Basically, you will only use Slice or Evis, back and forth between the Slice buffs, so I'd value a guaranteed 15% on that over just getting an extra point every finisher. Eviscerate can also critical, putting the talent to even more use. Ruthlessness is only 60% to occur, and if you crit Evicerate using it, there's no additional benefit. With Ruthlessness, you're choosing a slightly faster Eviscerate over one that will do more damage. With 40e strikes and Adrenaline Rush, you shouldn't be at shortage for points anyway. If you were free to use Rupture, or Ruthlessness was 100%, I'd probably feel differently, but as it is, I'd take the Eviscerate. Also when you leave the raid and go solo or PvP, you Evis every fight. Ruthlessness isn't worth shit to you outside the raid.

Imp Gouge I doubt I'd ever slot with any build. Dodge is useful. Gouge is a desperate tool in PvP at best. +1.5s for 3 points is just terrible. They should have made it cost less per point; then you'd get more use out of it as an additional interrupt. If you wanted a longer lasting CC, you'd probably have just used Blind to begin with.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Rogue