UD or ORC for PVP

Re: UD or ORC for PVP

by Ohhgee » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:14 am

idosky wrote:Ohhgee, would you say horde rogues are far superior too allaince rogues? Let's say gnome rogue?
Also thinking of you face a lot of orcs, shamans, warriors, warlocks, hunters and rogues. And controlling them Are scewed too luck? Im i right?
Orc is definitely superior to any Alliance race for Rogues. The stun resist is just so good. Your main counter is Other Rogues, and the stun resist can turn the fight in your favor at any moment. Also, as a Horde Rogue, HoJ is your worst nightmare, as someone else pointed out.

Also, in my opinion, Human is the best race for Alliance Rogue. Again, your hardest counter is another Rogue, and Perception gives you an almost unbeatable advantage against enemy Rogues.

If I had to make a tier list for PvP Rogue races, it would look something like this:
1. Orc
2. Human
3. Gnome, Undead
4. Night Elf, Dwarf
5. Troll

Of course everything in PvP is situational, for example you could make the argument that Undead is the best for solo play, because WotF gets you out of Fear without using Trinket and Cannibalize can save you from DoTs. However, if you're playing with a healer/dispeller, both of those racials lose most of their value and Orc is clearly better. A similar argument could be made for going Gnome or Dwarf. Escape Artist is great in tons of situations, and Stoneform is also situationally good for breaking Blind on yourself or getting rid of Bleeds to Vanish. Yet again, these racials start to lose their value if you're playing with a group or at least a Healer/Dispeller. Human becomes the clear choice.

On a side note, I think Escape Artist is a bit overrated for Rogues, because Vanish, Improved Sprint, and consumables like Anti-Venoms will get you out of basically anything that Escape Artist works on. This is not a popular opinion but it's how I see things.

TL;DR tons of races are good situationally, but Orc and Human are the clearly the best overall
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by idosky » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:16 am

Ohhgee, finaly, if ur Main focus is wpvp, would you take ud over orc?
idosky
Grunt
Grunt

by Drain » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:11 am

That stun resist isn't as helpful on a Rogue as it looks. You're talking about a 25% to resist a stun, as opposed to a 100% to remove a fear. 75% of the time, you will still eat the stun. Will of the forsaken however will never fail to remove a fear. You may as well expect the stun and plan for it, as opposed to praying it won't occur. You then have weapon skill you can't use, a healing debuff you'd be stupid to use, and a pet bonus with no pet. Ya, great race. You're taking those over free food and the very useful shadow resist(which in itself can cause you to resist fears). Even by yourself, you don't want to Blood Fury as that will ruin your healing potions.

Orc is a better choice for other races.
Warriors already have CDs for countering fear, and inevitable eat more stuns than Rogues since they can't stealth or control their fights. They can also use axes.
Hunters get a pet for the bonus. They too can use axes.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by alextheone5 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:11 am

I prefer UD due to not having to equip a pvp trinket how ever the ORC 25% stun resist in reality feels like 90% stun resist.. its so damn often!

I chose UD Male purely for the fighting animations, i think they look best when swinging weapons and back stabbing. Each to their own
alextheone5
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kraul44 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:02 pm

IMO UD look better, and wotf is insanely OP for fighting priests and locks. But I would still probably say orc is superior. stun resist is insane in pvp, plus their attack power racial. I'd just go for what you enjoy, cant go wrong with either class.
Kraul44
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Rogue