Is the class pvp playable at all?

Is the class pvp playable at all?

by stanx » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:29 pm

Even with 14ms i feel a slighty constant lag in the server that sometimes makes my skills land with a notable delay. I know at high skills of pvp you need your things to land in time specially against mages and warriors even more if you playing daggers due to the backstab positioning and range requirements, so, this question is mainly to all 60 rogues who been pvping for a while in the server... do you find trouble? can you play properly or you have to smash?

Thanks.
stanx
Tester

Re: Is the class pvp playable at all?

by Betta » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:10 pm

stanx wrote:Even with 14ms i feel a slighty constant lag in the server that sometimes makes my skills land with a notable delay. I know at high skills of pvp you need your things to land in time specially against mages and warriors even more if you playing daggers due to the backstab positioning and range requirements, so, this question is mainly to all 60 rogues who been pvping for a while in the server... do you find trouble? can you play properly or you have to smash?

Thanks.

14ms.. You poor thing. Try 170ms..

With that being said, there is occasional server-side lag, but I wouldn't consider it unplayable or "game-breaking". I manage with significantly higher ping as a 60 rogue, even in pvp.

Personally, I feel the delay more playing as a caster. Trying to perfectly time an Iceblock in pvp with lag can be a headache.
I'm just Betta than you..
Betta
Grunt
Grunt

by Drain » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:16 am

Hahahaha I didn't even get 14 on retail Cata. I played with 45. Here, it's around 130-150 most of the time. In retail Classic/BC, we ran with about 200-300... on our own USA hosted servers. Hard to believe you're complaining about 14. You must be down the street from the server.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aslan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:37 am

Thats a server side delay due to the heavy player load on the server, lowering your ms wont help. Im at like 20-30 ms and when everyone complains about instant spells taking 2 seconds to cast its the same thing for us. The worst must have been around 4 seconds over a few hours but those times are over since the server performance is better now.
This delay will always be there, but you will get used to it. I havent ever encountered a thing such as 1 guy gouging and the other guy blinding at the same time in a duel or such, or getting a dot when cheap shotting someone, was a big lol when I first player here, thats just the way it is though.

Imagine if they fixed the lag issue to an extend that would make it impossible to perform stuns at the same time, no casting while stunned, no dotting or fucking up stunlocks. That would be too OP :)
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kraul44 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:05 pm

my god if you complain with 14 ms maybe this isnt the class for you (usually 140-180 ms). If you want to play daggers, you might aswell accept that you will not be able to backstab majority of people with better internet than you.
Im NA, and I know everytime if im fighting EU or Chinese based on how difficult it is to backstab. I swear sometimes i cant even land a single one in a 1v1 vs an eu/chinese warrior.

But with that being said, its definitely doable and i dont regret anything. just need to learn to predict where they are etc and if its really that bad, just dont sweat it and wait for the population to go down a bit where it will be less laggy.
Kraul44
Private
Private

by Betta » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm

Aslan wrote:I havent ever encountered a thing such as 1 guy gouging and the other guy blinding at the same time in a duel or such

Dude.. I was killing Chinese farmers in WPL yesterday, and this Xiao rogue blinded me after I KS him. I was like da fuq? lol.
I'm just Betta than you..
Betta
Grunt
Grunt

by Burgaz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:43 pm

I havent ever encountered a thing such as 1 guy gouging and the other guy blinding at the same time in a duel or such, or getting a dot when cheap shotting someone, was a big lol when I first player here, thats just the way it is though.

I even had that back in the good ol' times
Burgaz
Private
Private

by Aslan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:13 pm

It was actually a typo, I meant to say that i havent encountered this ever BEFORE nostalrius. Hence the first time it happened, I had a huge laugh, now its just sad but the way it will always be unless you cut the population back to like 2.5k. It allows for so much less when playing pvp, but also enhances some things that you can take as your advantadge when it comes to lag.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Brion » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Aslan wrote:It was actually a typo, I meant to say that i havent encountered this ever BEFORE nostalrius. Hence the first time it happened, I had a huge laugh, now its just sad but the way it will always be unless you cut the population back to like 2.5k. It allows for so much less when playing pvp, but also enhances some things that you can take as your advantadge when it comes to lag.

I remember it happening a lot back on retail. 2 rogues blinding each other at the same time was always hilarious.
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by idosky » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:36 pm

An update on this? Had it become worse? With 12k online
idosky
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Rogue