Rogue gold farming

Rogue gold farming

by Vonegut » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Hey fellow rogues do you know any decent rogue-specific gold farming methods?:) Is it worth stealth-running through some instances or pickpocketing the mobs in UBRS or LBRS or it's not really efficient?

I'd like to hear if you've got some nice gold farming alternatives that other classes don't. Share your exepriences, cheers!
Vonegut
Private
Private

Re: Rogue gold farming

by fukanoshi » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:22 pm

RFD pickpocketing is pretty decent one, around 40g/h. Haven`t found any better place as a rogue.
fukanoshi
Private
Private

by idosky » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:30 pm

Fuka; can you go a bit more in detail for what Your pickpocketing, routes? what makes u earn the $$$ and a video would gladly help out if its possible :)
idosky
Grunt
Grunt

by qyr » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:39 am

good topic, Im also in need for a good way for a rogue to earn gold, RFD u say? pickpocting every mob? killing the bosses?
qyr
Private
Private

by fukanoshi » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:57 am

I usually do the undead side only, pickopocketing all the mobs and killing those 3 bosses ( actually 2 because one is rare). Do the route, reset the instance ant repeat. Then selling all the things I got to the vendor. You should have informant addon, which shows how much you get for the item, usually don`t take very low price items, for example greater healing potions since stack price is only 5s so it`s not worthy take items like these. That`s all. You can basically try go the full run, or only undead side too see which provides you the most gold.
fukanoshi
Private
Private

by Slicy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:29 pm

For PP runs :

LBRS is amazing if you can live with the occasional 2x resists in a row within 4,30/5 mins which will make you die/corpse run/lose time & money unless you have preparation.

BRD is also great (and arguably less fuck up resists) if you are pvp specced. Open the doors until you get inside the room in which you have the big wheel opening the bridge. PP everything in here, use the big wheel thing, go upstairs, PP everything.
You can do all the spectators of the arena if you like it and even push to Pyromancer Loregrain's location (kill it if it spawned).
Go back, do the usual route towards the Bar, PP everything on your path.
PP the whole bar. Open lockboxes and vendor all the shit you got to the gnome. Kill the gnome, loot the gnome.
Reset & repeat.

The gold you can make from vendoring food/pots/greens/junk from boxes (like Rogue's Diary, you'll love these ones) + 1-6 silver on each mob should be around 5-10g / run depending on luck.
Sometimes you'll get a Gut Ripper which easily sells for 10-15g.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Vonegut » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Thank you guys for sharing your pickpocketing spots, greatly appreciated!

Btw does any of you know some kind of autoloot addon/macro that makes pickpocketing faster? Right now I have to click the pickopocketing skill and loot everything manually, wondering if there is an easier way.
Vonegut
Private
Private

by Youfie » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:21 pm

Vonegut wrote:Thank you guys for sharing your pickpocketing spots, greatly appreciated!

Btw does any of you know some kind of autoloot addon/macro that makes pickpocketing faster? Right now I have to click the pickopocketing skill and loot everything manually, wondering if there is an easier way.

Nothing to do, sadly :(.

You can use a macro to automatically target the nearest enemy, if spamming Pick Pocket without a target doesn't already target them (can't remember if it's the case with PP), and use an AddOn like XLoot to open the loot window at your mouse all the time to speed up the manual looting process.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Gream » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:46 pm

If your lower level around the 30's you can PP in STV. the goblins in north stv by panthers,
and the troll village area, open those worn boxes, and get rogue diary.
I kinda did this for a bit.
Gream
Private
Private

by phrazer » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:11 am

Slicy wrote:The gold you can make from vendoring food/pots/greens/junk from boxes (like Rogue's Diary, you'll love these ones) + 1-6 silver on each mob should be around 5-10g / run depending on luck.

So 10g per hour max. That sounds pretty garbage to be honest.
phrazer
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Rogue