Swords or Daggers for PvP?

Swords or Daggers for PvP?

by Rocketeerraccoon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:32 am

I'm kinda confused what most Rogues use when they PvP, I thought the whole idea of the class is to backstab people but I'm seeing Hemo Sword specs very often. While swords do better sustained damage but PvP is usually about trying to do burst damage which is what Daggers are for. Someone care to explain all this?
Rocketeerraccoon
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Swords or Daggers for PvP?

by Setup » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:40 am

As your gear level increases, you get decent burst as hemo.

More control in hemo, you can build up lots of combo points really quickly, probably more room for skill.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Rocketeerraccoon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:21 am

I see, so what is this gear level you got to achieve in order to make hemo really strong?
Rocketeerraccoon
Grunt
Grunt

by Shackus » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:17 am

Dont get hemo imo, its shitty in vanilla. Its so shitty that in BC they changed it. Well tbh I dont know about swords, but for daggers these are the best specs imo

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fbe ... bbZVMjcc0o
I recommend this one, improved sprint and shorter sprint/evasion cd is huge...it could save your life

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fhe0RxkZGcZVMjcc0k
this one just has cold blood instead of the first spec's advantages, so i'd say this spec is more fun and the other one is just better in most situations.
you can swap out improved expose armor for something else if you want

Theres also a pvp combat daggers spec but i dont know it
Shackus
Grunt
Grunt

by Rocketeerraccoon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:02 am

Shackus wrote:Dont get hemo imo, its shitty in vanilla. Its so shitty that in BC they changed it. Well tbh I dont know about swords, but for daggers these are the best specs imo

I recommend this one, improved sprint and shorter sprint/evasion cd is huge...it could save your life

this one just has cold blood instead of the first spec's advantages, so i'd say this spec is more fun and the other one is just better in most situations.

Unusual to see tri specs but good to know, although wouldn't you need Master of Deception so you wouldn't get spotted by players so easily? Anyway I think I would make the adjustment of having Improved Kick, it would be nice to have, it would screw up casters real good. ;)
Rocketeerraccoon
Grunt
Grunt

by Setup » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:10 pm

Anyone who dismisses hemo in vanilla doesn't know what they're talking about.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kraul44 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:57 pm

As a 60 rogue that has played both specs, I would say all around Hemo is definitely better. insane control, insane evic hits.. But IMO daggers is more exciting and fun since you can essentially 2 shot alot of clothies if crits happen. Its mainly personal opinion though. Daggers is insane if you have freedom(not being focused) and have good gear.
Dal'rend/felstriker was my hemo set up(before i had perds or cht)
I now run daggers with Perds/corehound tooth.
Also more options spec wise as daggers. combat daggers is great for pvp especially against casters, 31/8/12 is crazy combo point generation and the 110 energy is VERY neccessary for daggers. or you could go coldblood prep which i havent played yet.
Kraul44
Private
Private

by Shackus » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:26 pm

Setup wrote:Anyone who dismisses hemo in vanilla doesn't know what they're talking about.

as dagger spec, going hemo would be fucking dumb. Thats what im saying, it does shit damage with daggers but i guess with swords its another story.
Shackus
Grunt
Grunt

by Shackus » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:32 pm

Rocketeerraccoon wrote:
Shackus wrote:Dont get hemo imo, its shitty in vanilla. Its so shitty that in BC they changed it. Well tbh I dont know about swords, but for daggers these are the best specs imo

Unusual to see tri specs but good to know, although wouldn't you need Master of Deception so you wouldn't get spotted by players so easily? Anyway I think I would make the adjustment of having Improved Kick, it would be nice to have, it would screw up casters real good. ;)

going full down sub isnt worth, premeditation isnt worth. If youre going sub, you get preperation then go somewhere else...and nah, master of deception isnt that great, its not necessary. You can sneak around opening on people ez without it, It's only good in a rogue duel and even with that you dont have a 100% chance of getting opener, rogue duels and arenas is where it's good which here obviously we dont have. Also adding that you wouldnt even be able to get 5/5 points in it, you would need to be messy about it and get like, 3/5 deception, 2/5 opportunity, or take some pts out of camouflage...2-3 points in deception is definitely not worth, and swapping it 5/5 master of deception 0/5 opportunity isnt gonna work, opportunity is too good. but you can get it if you want. And are you saying you'd get improved kick instead of improved expose armor? You can't if you want to get cold blood, you need 2 points in assissination to go further down the tree.
Shackus
Grunt
Grunt

by Slicy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:54 am

Real rogues go combat maces for pivipi ))
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Rogue