Gear combination

Gear combination

by Neidrah » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:01 am

Hey guys, I was wondering what would be the best gear for me to use right now as Combat Sword, given what I currently have. It recently got complicated to keep the PvP +40 AP bonus.

Here are the pieces I have to chose from:

Head: T2 / Blue PvP
Shoulders: Arathi / Blue PvP
Chest: T1 / Blue PvP
Hands: Devilsaur / Blue PvP
Legs: T2 / Devilsaur / Blue PvP
Feet: Arathi / Pads of the Dread Wolf (40 AP) / Blue PvP
Ranged: Satyr's / Blastershot Launcher (1% crit)

Here are the pieces I only have 1 of, just so you know:
(Neck: Ony, Back: Baron, Bracelets: T1, Waist: Arathi, Rings: Painweaver + Don Julio, Trinkets: HoJ + BHB)

As a side question, I'm also not totally sure if I should play dagger or sword right now. I have a Gutgore Reaper + Scarlet Shiv, which is decent I guess. I'd rather play sword since I'm human, but I only have the Dal'Rends currently (which are not bad either though).

Thanks in advance to those who can help me :)
Neidrah
Tester

by Youfie » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:45 am

For a Dagger Rogue, from what you've listed, the best combination would be Head / Shoulders R10, T1 Chest, Arathi Boots, so I your case I'd go for the same combination, basically.

The T2 Pants + Devil Gloves versus Devil set here is kinda tricky for a Sword Rogue, we're looking at 76 AP + 3,26% crit versus 74 AP + 2% crit + 2% hit. Depending on the rest of your gear, things might change a bit, but they're very close. Wear T2 pants as soon as you get T1 gloves ; in the meantime, both are basically equal, I'd wear T2 for the nicer skin though :p.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: Gear combination

by Neidrah » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:41 am

I've been trying a bunch of combination today and it seems the best way is actually the following:

Head: t2
Shoulders: Arathi
Chest: pvp
Hands: pvp

813 AP
27.85% Crit
4% Hit

The Arathi shoulders are really good right now since I'm still using the belt and boots (+1% crit set bonus). Wearing the pvp hands and chest is the way to still get the +40 AP bonus while losing the least amount of stats. I basically lose 8 AP with the gloves and approximately 17 AP with the chest (after converting all stats to AP). So -25 AP to get the +40 AP set bonus.

When wearing the pvp chest and head I would actually lose a bit of stats:

Head: PvP
Shoulders: PvP
Chest: T1
Hands: Devil

790 AP
27.30% Crit
5% Hit
Neidrah
Tester

Re: Gear combination

by Slicy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:20 pm

If you want to perform in raids you shouldn't go daggers with GGR/Scarlet Shiv. You'll do shit dps compared to a random sword rogue, unless you tryhard a lot more than them. Wait for DFB/Perdition to drop.

Use Satyr's Bow instead of Blastershot. The bow currently has stats it shouldn't have (it should have +3 agi in this patch) and remains way better than Blastershot even if they ever fix it.
Blastershot is a pvp gun.

If your T2 pants are enchanted (hope so) and you want to get rid of devilsaur gloves, you can also use the pvp gloves until you get T1 gloves I think. I'm not sure which stats they have right now but you'd trade 1% crit for 4 more AP and more swag points iirc ?
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Rogue