Is this how it's suppose to work?

Is this how it's suppose to work?

by Sponza » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:10 pm

I've noticed a rather unpleasent bug(?) while leveling my rogue. If you had some points on your curent target and swap between mobs/players, once you're tabbed back on your target that was suppose to have points on it, well, there is none... So as my topic states, is it working as intended or its an actual bug?
Sponza
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Is this how it's suppose to work?

by Gurgel » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:37 am

Sponza wrote:I've noticed a rather unpleasent bug(?) while leveling my rogue. If you had some points on your curent target and swap between mobs/players, once you're tabbed back on your target that was suppose to have points on it, well, there is none... So as my topic states, is it working as intended or its an actual bug?

Yeah this occurs to me 2 and I think it's a bug.

:o
Gurgel
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Netherfrost » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:55 am

Working as intended. This issue is mainly clouded by the fact no other private server has it scripted properly.. :lol:
Netherfrost
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by cigss » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:28 pm

there was a time when you selected another target your combo points were LOST and it was intended, think of it like the rogue is losing focus on his target. But it is not intended to lose them when you clear your main target and select the same target again. (without having another target after)
cigss
Grunt
Grunt

by Stench » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:36 pm

This is exactly how it worked in vanilla. Combo points will be lost if you switch targets.
Stench
Grunt
Grunt

by riq and snog » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:39 pm

Stench wrote:This is exactly how it worked in vanilla. Combo points will be lost if you switch targets.

^this
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hawksworth » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:17 pm

Hit Slice and dice before you switch brah
Hawksworth
Grunt
Grunt

by Woyce » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:09 pm

It was fixed late vanilla (pretbc), and honestly it's a mechanic that's really annoying and which doesnt exist on any other private server. Would be awesome if this was changed..
Woyce
Tester

by Stadics » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm

Woyce wrote:It was fixed late vanilla (pretbc), and honestly it's a mechanic that's really annoying and which doesnt exist on any other private server. Would be awesome if this was changed..

You know that this is the internet, and we can easily show when you are making stuff up/are lying?

As of Patch 2.0.3, the rogue will not lose Combo Points upon switching targets until a point has been added to another target.

2.0.3 is not Vanilla/pre-TBC.
Stadics
Private
Private

by Keldan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:45 pm

As of Patch 2.0.3, the rogue will not lose Combo Points upon switching targets until a point has been added to another target.

2.0.3 is not Vanilla/pre-TBC.

Well, it is, kind of.

2.0.3 Patch Release date US - 09 January 2007
The Burning Crusade Release date NA/EU - 16 January 2007

I agree with you it should not be changed, but I think it's always important to check the facts.
Keldan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Rogue