Poison Charges

Re: Poison Charges

by Hawksworth » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Youfie wrote:
Hawksworth wrote:Did crippling poison have charges in vanilla? I don't seem to remember it being like that...

No it didn't, and it doesn't here either. It still consumes charges on other weapon's poison if it has charges though.

Ah, ok
Hawksworth
Grunt
Grunt

by Jindo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Was looting the quest object for the Gaz Ridan quest (or something) @ Tanaris (30x required). Each time I looted the object, both weps lost 1 poison charge. Idk if it works like that for all objects.
Jindo
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:45 pm

Jindo wrote:Was looting the quest object for the Gaz Ridan quest (or something) @ Tanaris (30x required). Each time I looted the object, both weps lost 1 poison charge. Idk if it works like that for all objects.

Haven't noticed it muself, but maybe. Either case, I think this information is really valuable to the devs for the to understand waht's wrong with our charges, so thank you ;)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Solmyr » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:13 am

The poison charges bug is the same one that Feenix had on ED for over 2 years. It was reported and discussed on github to no end, literally everybody knew every detail about it, yet it took very long time to fix. I imagine it is a core problem with Mangos and the rescripting is difficult.

I would be glad if it's fixed soon, but I don't imagine it would be. If any developer ever reads this, I will give you the same suggestion I gave the Feenix devs:

If you are unable to fix the bug asap, the best thing that you can do is turn charge-based poisons into non-charge-based poisons (like crippling). Yes, this is not blizzlike, but neither is having your poisons last 5 minutes when you're fighting constantly. Once a proper script for expending poison charges is ready, you can apply it and have it blizzlike again.

The reason why the current poison charges bug is so impactful is not merely economic - in raiding your poison charges will not last the entire fight, forcing you to reapply mid-fight.
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Tekko » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:25 am

I wondered why my poisons were running out so fast, this is kinda game breaking.

Solmyr wrote:If you are unable to fix the bug asap, the best thing that you can do is turn charge-based poisons into non-charge-based poisons (like crippling). Yes, this is not blizzlike, but neither is having your poisons last 5 minutes when you're fighting constantly. Once a proper script for expending poison charges is ready, you can apply it and have it blizzlike again.

I think we can dream on :P
Last edited by Tekko on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tekko
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by whissper » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:57 am

Seems like [Shadow Oil], [Frost Oil] procs also consume poison charges from other weapon (which is imbued with poison).
Not 100% sure yet, but this should be tested.

P.S. 5 min duration instead of charges is bad idea (i mean the time interval is too short)
whissper
Grunt
Grunt

by ohgr » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:16 am

whissper wrote:Seems like [Shadow Oil], [Frost Oil] procs also consume poison charges from other weapon (which is imbued with poison).
Not 100% sure yet, but this should be tested.

P.S. 5 min duration instead of charges is bad idea (i mean the time interval is too short)

Makes you wonder, does things like windfury totem, crusader enchant, unholy, lifestealing, pretty much any proc-enchant consume a charge as well? Does anyone know.

I don't think he meant that the poisons would last 5 minutes, he said that poisons only lasting 5 minutes (which they are if you get double-procs all the time) isn't blizzlike either (if anyone were to argue that it isn't blizzlike to remove charges completely on poisons that have charges).
ohgr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Solmyr » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:36 am

ohgr wrote:Makes you wonder, does things like windfury totem, crusader enchant, unholy, lifestealing, pretty much any proc-enchant consume a charge as well? Does anyone know.

Yes, they do. So does any built-in weapon proc, HoJ, variety of other trinkets. Looting objects, chests, lockpicking, almost any action imaginable. And since it also expends from sheathing/unsheathing, which is not really an action in the sense it doesn't impact the world, I am almost inclined to believe the expenditure is cause by any weapon animation, different than normal swings.

Once again anyone is free to look up the issue on ED github - all the info and more about this bug is available there.
ohgr wrote:I don't think he meant that the poisons would last 5 minutes, he said that poisons only lasting 5 minutes (which they are if you get double-procs all the time) isn't blizzlike either (if anyone were to argue that it isn't blizzlike to remove charges completely on poisons that have charges).

Yes, that's what I said.
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:32 am

Solmyr wrote:
ohgr wrote:Makes you wonder, does things like windfury totem, crusader enchant, unholy, lifestealing, pretty much any proc-enchant consume a charge as well? Does anyone know.

Yes, they do. So does any built-in weapon proc, HoJ, variety of other trinkets. Looting objects, chests, lockpicking, almost any action imaginable. And since it also expends from sheathing/unsheathing, which is not really an action in the sense it doesn't impact the world, I am almost inclined to believe the expenditure is cause by any weapon animation, different than normal swings.

Once again anyone is free to look up the issue on ED github - all the info and more about this bug is available there.
ohgr wrote:I don't think he meant that the poisons would last 5 minutes, he said that poisons only lasting 5 minutes (which they are if you get double-procs all the time) isn't blizzlike either (if anyone were to argue that it isn't blizzlike to remove charges completely on poisons that have charges).

Yes, that's what I said.

Lock Picking doesn't cause charges consumption on Nostalrius, neither does the action of looting something, but Sheating / Unsheating weapons DOES consume charges indeed.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Solmyr » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:54 am

Youfie wrote:Lock Picking doesn't cause charges consumption on Nostalrius, neither does the action of looting something, but Sheating / Unsheating weapons DOES consume charges indeed.

So you're saying this report is false?
Jindo wrote:Was looting the quest object for the Gaz Ridan quest (or something) @ Tanaris (30x required). Each time I looted the object, both weps lost 1 poison charge. Idk if it works like that for all objects.

Just earlier you said:
Youfie wrote:Haven't noticed it muself, but maybe. Either case, I think this information is really valuable to the devs for the to understand waht's wrong with our charges, so thank you ;)
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue