Professions while leveling as a Rogue

Professions while leveling as a Rogue

by Thornass » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:49 pm

Recently, I have been leveling my Undead Rogue, Combat with Swords. I am currently level 22.

So far, so good, but I have a question about which professions to choose while leveling. At the moment, I have Mining (120) and Skinning (180). My thought behind this was to keep these gathering professions on the way to level 60, while saving the ores/stones I need to be able to drop Skinning for Engineering.

What would you guys suggest? Should I keep these two and do as I had planned, or drop Skinning for Engineering already? Do you perhaps have another option I should consider?
Thornass
Tester

Re: Professions while leveling as a Rogue

by Botmaster5 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:53 pm

im leveling with skinning and LW. dont know if im going to keep LW when i hit 60. fully plan on dropping one of them for engi
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Betta » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:49 pm

Thornass wrote:Recently, I have been leveling my Undead Rogue, Combat with Swords. I am currently level 22.

So far, so good, but I have a question about which professions to choose while leveling. At the moment, I have Mining (120) and Skinning (180). My thought behind this was to keep these gathering professions on the way to level 60, while saving the ores/stones I need to be able to drop Skinning for Engineering.

What would you guys suggest? Should I keep these two and do as I had planned, or drop Skinning for Engineering already? Do you perhaps have another option I should consider?

As much as I love double gathering professions for my first character on a new server, Engineering is really priceless when it comes to world PvP while leveling in contested zones. Either farm more gold while leveling, or have an edge in your open world encounters.
I'm just Betta than you..
Betta
Grunt
Grunt

by Thornass » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:23 am

Betta wrote:
Thornass wrote:Recently, I have been leveling my Undead Rogue, Combat with Swords. I am currently level 22.

As much as I love double gathering professions for my first character on a new server, Engineering is really priceless when it comes to world PvP while leveling in contested zones. Either farm more gold while leveling, or have an edge in your open world encounters.

Oh, I forgot to mention this. I have started anew on the PvE server with this Rogue.
Thornass
Tester

by Botmaster5 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:55 pm

Thornass wrote:Oh, I forgot to mention this. I have started anew on the PvE server with this Rogue.

........ why?
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smoothoperator » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Engineering is lots of fun, and versatile. It can be costly to level up, mind you, but you'll be able to make that money back later.

Useful and fun things from Engineering include:
- Explosives that deals damage and stun - Great in pvp, and also a lifesaver in some pve situations

- Trinket that catches your opponent in a net for 10 seconds, also has good range

- Gnomish death ray - trinket that drains hp from you and convert it to damage against your target. Can do well over 1k damage which is nice if you are in your 40s and want to nuke someone

- Mind control cap - Just to fuck with people. Cast it on a hostile player, making them your "pet" for a short period, allowing you to attack any hostile target of yours. I like to use it Searing Gorge and make hordes attack their own flight master, which will kill them quickly.
I AM LORD FEDORA
SON OF NECKBEARD
KING UNDER THE MOUNTAIN DEW
smoothoperator
Private
Private

Return to Rogue