Dagger Enchants?

Re: Dagger Enchants?

by TaurenRogue » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:57 am

Welp I'm a lazy reader but this is what i got from the spreadsheet topic
Youfie wrote:Just like with DMC:M, HoJ or any other proc, what I need first is the average number of strikes per second you swing at your target, taking into account your haste and your Miss / Dodge rate & shit, with / without BF / AR.

Given your Weapon Speed and Crusader proc chance on each successful melee attack, we get the the average number of seconds it takes to get a Crusader proc, from which we get a Crusader average uptime (e.g. if you get a proc every 20 seconds, it is modeled as a 15 / (20 + 15) = 42,86% uptime), and thus the average Strength Bonus crusader grants you.

Then, using Excel sensitivity analysis tool, I basically ask him "Hey, what would be the Normal / BF / AR etc. DPS if I had +X more Strength as a base stat?" where X is the calculated average Strength bonus.

The randomness of the proc is indeed quite hard to model, but with this method, the fact that it procs more when using Blade Flurry / AR is taken into account, as well as the fact that you benefit more from a Crusader proc when under AR than when being off-cooldowns, but they're averaged.

I'd much rather on a 2+ min fight use a system where crusader is up for most of very AR / BF, as in alot of cases this is true if you are minmaxing with the proc.

How I use crusader is: wait for the proc > use cooldowns > crusader is up during nearly full ar/bf plus the increased chance to proc a new one...

I might have missed a point where u changed the way u model crusader, but if its the above i believe "clever use" of this proc beats the 0.3 dps difference in the sheet atm...

P.S.
If not already counted for this report might be interesting as far as poisons/crusader/maelstrom go https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=2591

P.P.S.
perhaps simply adding "crusader 2.0" option for weap enchant next to the existing one where crusader uptime during ar/bf is near 100% and outside of it it's a bit lower is "the way to go"

P.P.P.S.
27% base miss from spreadsheet for dual wield... u might wanna revisit this number
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Dagger Enchants?

by Youfie » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:28 pm

TaurenRogue wrote:
I'd much rather on a 2+ min fight use a system where crusader is up for most of very AR / BF, as in alot of cases this is true if you are minmaxing with the proc.

How I use crusader is: wait for the proc > use cooldowns > crusader is up during nearly full ar/bf plus the increased chance to proc a new one...

I might have missed a point where u changed the way u model crusader, but if its the above i believe "clever use" of this proc beats the 0.3 dps difference in the sheet atm...

P.S.
If not already counted for this report might be interesting as far as poisons/crusader/maelstrom go https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=2591

P.P.S.
perhaps simply adding "crusader 2.0" option for weap enchant next to the existing one where crusader uptime during ar/bf is near 100% and outside of it it's a bit lower is "the way to go"

P.P.P.S.
27% base miss from spreadsheet for dual wield... u might wanna revisit this number

Thanks for your input ! :).

I might need to rework the way Crusader is modeled yeah. I don't really know what to do exactly, since just assuming it would be up for every Crusader / BF combo is wrong in itself, but averaging it like I currently do is slightly below what it really is indeed.

Regarding the (huge) bug on Nostalrius making Chance on Hit effect to proc off Dodges etc., yeah I agree it probably makes Crusader & procs in general even better than what they should be. However I don't want to work on my spreadsheet to take into account bugs, I'd rather model how things *should* be and just hope it gets fixed eventually!

The 27% base miss chance is one of the way it *could* be scripted on Nostalrius. I just chose this one rather than the 24,6%, but didn't test anything. I don't know for sure how it worked on retail, so I'd have no problem changing the formula in my spreadsheet if needed, I'd have to test things here. I have seen some normal Hits in a raid environment in situations where I was supposed to be crit-capped (using the 27% formula), so there might indeed be something wrong / Nostalrius might be using a different formula. I just need more tests :(.

P.S. : let's maybe continue this discussion on the other thread, so that we don't flood this one with information irrelevant to the original topic :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Rogue