Maladath useful on Humans?

Maladath useful on Humans?

by JohnnyBlaze » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:28 am

Hello fellow Rogues.
So my Guild and i had a discussion about Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight and if it's useful on Humans or not.
It has been said that +10 Weapon Skill (in this case Sword) is useless since that +10 Weaponskill is "cap" and more over that number is useless.
As we know, Human racial gives +5 Weaponskill on Swords, with the Combat Talent Tree we get additional +5 Weaponskill and with Maladath, we get ANOTHER +4 Sword.
So we're at 314 which seems useless if its true that +10 Weapon Skill is cap.
Is this true or is it working different? I know Human Rogues kinda have different BiS weapons than other Races, yet i still see a shit ton of Human Rogues with Maladath and i just can't imagine they all simply forgot about Human Racial and the Weapon Skill cap.
Thanks for your help.
JohnnyBlaze
Private
Private

Re: Maladath useful on Humans?

by Allapologies » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:38 am

As far as I know over 310 weapon skill is not "useless", but it is far less useful than being at 310. You will gain more dps by using a stat sword (Brutality blade) over using a sword that gives weapon skill in your offhand as a human rogue.

However, I am an orc rogue who uses Maladath in my offhand, so i'm not 100% on the alliance POV.
Allapologies
Private
Private

by JohnnyBlaze » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:41 am

Yes as i mentioned, it is well known that Humans have different BiS lists (but that Brutality Sword drop% is garbage :P). What are the "benefits" of going over +10 weaponskill?
JohnnyBlaze
Private
Private

by St0rfan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:18 am

Skillcap is 310 so yes, it is garbage for a human rogue.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Tosicx » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:33 am

It's pointless to go over 310 skill, so yea
Tosicx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Soyoen » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:03 pm

St0rfan wrote:Skillcap is 310

Skillcap is not 310 unless you either 1) play on Kronos or 2) the devs very recently changed their formula.

Tosicx wrote:It's pointless to go over 310 skill, so yea

You disappoint me mate.

JohnnyBlaze wrote:What are the "benefits" of going over +10 weaponskill?

On average 5% reduction from glancing blow damage can be gained, alongside an increase in hit chance per point.

St0rfan wrote:It is garbage for a human rogue.

It is actually a legit option for raiders: Unless you plan on getting r14, thunderfury or Ravencrest's legacy from the AQ opening quest chain - you wont find a better OH against level 63 NPCs within current content (MC/ZG/BWL).
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by St0rfan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Soyoen wrote:
St0rfan wrote:Skillcap is 310

Skillcap is not 310 unless you either 1) play on Kronos or 2) the devs very recently changed their formula.

Tosicx wrote:It's pointless to go over 310 skill, so yea

You disappoint me mate.

JohnnyBlaze wrote:What are the "benefits" of going over +10 weaponskill?

On average 5% reduction from glancing blow damage can be gained, alongside an increase in hit chance per point.

St0rfan wrote:It is garbage for a human rogue.

It is actually a legit option for raiders: Unless you plan on getting r14, thunderfury or Ravencrest's legacy from the AQ opening quest chain - you wont find a better OH against level 63 NPCs within current content (MC/ZG/BWL).

I claimed it to be garbage on the assumption that the cap was infact 310. I am very well aware that weapon skill is the single best stat available to both fury warriors and rogues. If the cap is 315, then yes it would definitely be the best option.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by JohnnyBlaze » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:14 pm

So it is very legit for a Human Rogue to have it or is it better to give it a non Human?
Because i'm Human Rogue and got Maladath and i just wanna know if Human Rogues are just better off getting Warblade of the Hakkari or Brutality Blade.
JohnnyBlaze
Private
Private

by snawfu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:06 pm

They use Athan's formula so its good men
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Armilus » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:00 pm

St0rfan wrote:I claimed it to be garbage on the assumption that the cap was infact 310. I am very well aware that weapon skill is the single best stat available to both fury warriors and rogues. If the cap is 315, then yes it would definitely be the best option.

It isn't a linear increase in glancing blow damage though. The first points give the most benefit.

300 -> 35% reduction
305 -> 15% reduction
310 -> 5% reduction
315 -> 0% reduction

So the last 5 points are only 1/4 as good as the first 5 points. If 50% of your damage is from white attacks then glancing blows are ~1% damage reduction at 310 weapon skill so it's still pretty good, just not as crazy as the first 5 points.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Rogue