Maladath useful on Humans?

Re: Maladath useful on Humans?

by Fagatron » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:20 am

Armilus wrote:
St0rfan wrote:I claimed it to be garbage on the assumption that the cap was infact 310. I am very well aware that weapon skill is the single best stat available to both fury warriors and rogues. If the cap is 315, then yes it would definitely be the best option.

It isn't a linear increase in glancing blow damage though. The first points give the most benefit.

300 -> 35% reduction
305 -> 15% reduction
310 -> 5% reduction
315 -> 0% reduction

So the last 5 points are only 1/4 as good as the first 5 points. If 50% of your damage is from white attacks then glancing blows are ~1% damage reduction at 310 weapon skill so it's still pretty good, just not as crazy as the first 5 points.

Sorry this Math seems Not 100% correct.
Testing showed :
Ws 300 tendency towards 70% = 30% reduction
http://imgur.com/7FYm1GU
Ws 310 tendency towards 90% = 10% reduction
Http://imgur.com/psLsLzs
I didnt have the gear for 315ws testing yet but i Guess you dont have to be a Math Genius to figure that out.
So basically yes it seems almost linear
Edit: i guess i have to Check 305 ws to make sure.
Fagatron
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:58 am

Fagatron wrote:
Armilus wrote:
St0rfan wrote:I claimed it to be garbage on the assumption that the cap was infact 310. I am very well aware that weapon skill is the single best stat available to both fury warriors and rogues. If the cap is 315, then yes it would definitely be the best option.

It isn't a linear increase in glancing blow damage though. The first points give the most benefit.

300 -> 35% reduction
305 -> 15% reduction
310 -> 5% reduction
315 -> 0% reduction

So the last 5 points are only 1/4 as good as the first 5 points. If 50% of your damage is from white attacks then glancing blows are ~1% damage reduction at 310 weapon skill so it's still pretty good, just not as crazy as the first 5 points.

Testing showed :
I didnt have the gear for 315ws testing yet but i Guess you dont have to be a Math Genius to figure that out.

What Armilus said is right. This is Athan's formula, and it is used on Nostalrius.
I guess your samples sizes are just too small to have something statistically viable, since weapon have damage range and shit.
Last edited by Youfie on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Fagatron » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:23 am

I kinda have a Hard Time beleiving 1400hits Are too small for a sample size but ill test 305 and 315 soon
Fagatron
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JohnnyBlaze » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:25 am

Fagatron wrote:
Armilus wrote:

300 -> 35% reduction
305 -> 15% reduction
310 -> 5% reduction
315 -> 0% reduction

Testing showed :

So should i keep my Maladath as a Human or should i use my Hakkari Offhand?
JohnnyBlaze
Private
Private

by Fagatron » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:35 pm

yes. even a 5% dmg upgrade on glancings gives u more than 2.5% dmg upgrade overall dmg. no other offahand has stats that would make that happen and its more than 5% from my testing anyway but yea keep it
Fagatron
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JohnnyBlaze » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:18 am

Fagatron wrote:yes. even a 5% dmg upgrade on glancings gives u more than 2.5% dmg upgrade overall dmg. no other offahand has stats that would make that happen and its more than 5% from my testing anyway but yea keep it

Thanks you very much for putting so much effort into this.
But why do some guides suggest a different weapon than maladath if you are a human?
JohnnyBlaze
Private
Private

by Fagatron » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:04 pm

i can just imagine some guides are not for the specific progression state we are in right now. Mala is still BIS offhand for warrs and for rogues right now (CS)
Fagatron
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by phrazer » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Why has no one mentioned the fact that u have to spend talent points to get the fucking +skill in the first place. Are people that dumb that they think dropping a point on improved poisons and having 5% more chance to apply instant poison is shit? Maladath is an amazing human rogue sword for that reason alone so who ever the guy chatting shit about thinking the cap was 310 is a serious dribbler and should only talk on matters he knows about.

Mala and cts. BiS fact.
phrazer
Grunt
Grunt

by killshot » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:00 pm

For Christ's sake

IF YOU ARE A HUMAN WHO GETS MALADATH JUST RESPEC TO MALADATH SPEC
(-Wow what is maladath spec?
ITS COMBAT-SWORDS REPLACING WEAPON EXPERTISE WITH IMP. POISONS.)

You thought Blizzard would ever make a non-human weapon???...

For real??

They didn't!!

You just respec
killshot
Private
Private

by Wargly13 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:23 pm

Glancing Blows vs. +3 Levels Opponent
Added Weapon Skill Damage Reduction
+0 30%
+1 27%