Fresh 60 Combat Dagger

Fresh 60 Combat Dagger

by Zingultus » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:03 am

Hey everyone,

I reached 60 recently and got some good AV Rep already (Revered atm) and my question is, is Combat Dagger spec viable for a fresh 60, since i'm missing any setbonus to maximize my energy and since it's combat dagger i wont get +10 energy from the spec either. So the point is that Backstab seems to be pretty expensive with just 100 energy to start in the fight.

Until I'll get Rend weapons the daggers you can get seem to be better than any sword on the way.
I'm using Glacial Blade at the moment and the dmg is quite good, but i'm still struggling with the lack of energy.

Would it be better if i do a respec to get +10 Energy, is combat dagger also viable without it? Or should a just roll back to use the swords (Doomforged straightened Edge and Assassination Blade where my previous weapons)

Pls excuse bad english

Regards, Zingultus
Zingultus
Tester

Re: Fresh 60 Combat Dagger

by kariolaki » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:20 pm

as pve or pvp?
im sure combat daggers pvp isnt that viable.
if u want to pvp choose other spec

for pve though +10 energy is useless imo.
Typical Limited Edition attitude:
http://i.imgur.com/eu8jhLn.png
kariolaki
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Zingultus » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:39 pm

It's for pve. A normal 15/31/5 spec.
It seems to be Pretty Slow since u have to wait for the energy ticks.
Zingultus
Tester

by kariolaki » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:10 pm

what do you mean by slow?
backstab needs 60 energy. u knew that :D
you can always start a fight with having a sword on ur MH, SSx2, switch to daggers, use SnD
Then keeep your SnD up with backstabbing
Typical Limited Edition attitude:
http://i.imgur.com/eu8jhLn.png
kariolaki
Sergeant
Sergeant

by moghedanbanned » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:30 pm

There is a lot of misunderstanding in this thread.

Combat Daggers is the highest DPS PVE Spec (Alliance) for all levels... fresh 60 or progressed... as long as you are allowed behind the mob. CD falls behind Combat Swords when the movement phases are such that getting behind the mobs is impaired or impossible. In most dungeon fights, CD wins. In raid fights, CD wins some, CS wins some.

Which one to use depends on you, and the people in your guild. If you are human, CS is fairly close to equal to CD, and easier to farm with.

On the PVP server, PVP daggers are available, making CD easier to equip early in the system.
On the PVE server, Swords are far easier to come by than daggers, making many rogues CS until later.

As I understand it, but have no experience, CS pairs very well with Windfury, so Horde Rogues in a Shaman group are advantaged to use Swords.

Ideally, a raid will have both CS and CD, as both are better in different fights, and it is a shame to shard slow daggers just because all the rogues are human sword slingers or troll windfury addicts.
moghedanbanned
Grunt
Grunt

by Zingultus » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:03 pm

First of all,

thx for your replies.
I'm horde rogue by the way so any bonus for alliance human rogues won't count for me ;)

What i've meant with CD is kinda "slow" is just a feeling. not the actual style to play. Yes backstab has a cost of 60energy. You begin the fight with a very high dmg output if timing your energyticks correctly. The "slower" mechanic begins when you are reaching the bottom pit of your energypool. Logical, that you need a tick more than you do with swords and SS.

The PvP Daggers are my goal. But I've also read that Lobotomizer MH and Glacial Blade OH isnt the best choice so I wanted to aim for Starth UD Baron Dagger or the one with +Dagger stat.

You said +10 Energy with Spec is useless or at least less viable imo. How about setbonus from t1? I mean as soon as i get it someday.
Okay yes, the 110 energy are just usefull at the start of any fight or in the time you have to do some movement and are able to meanwhile regenerate some energy. But as someone said it might prevent you from switching from Swords to Daggers midfight just because you are able to get your CP's faster with SS to get a fast SnD.

And one more question at the end...
Since they are really sweet swords dropping in BWL and by Onyxia and no more good daggers around until AQ i guess Perdition's Blade and Corehound Tooth are still able to compare with a Viskag/CTS - Maladath/Brutality Blade?!

Back in Vanilla 10 years ago I really liked both Specs to be honest but I guess I became kinda rusty nowadays ;) so pls excuse some noobish questions

Regards, Zingultus
Zingultus
Tester

by Fagatron » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:44 am

CS and CD rotations in pve Are almost the same. Smash one Button and keep snd up.
CS Rotation just differs a Little since you have more CP generation with 40energy SS so u hit the occasional Evis. Both Specs can definetly keep up with eachother at almost Any point. Bis CD weps Are from MC tho while bis CS Are BWL.
If you think spamming 40 energy SS feels "Faster" for you Play CS :)
Fagatron
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Rogue