Nostalrius Working Poison Applying Macro

Nostalrius Working Poison Applying Macro

by moghedanbanned » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:08 pm

/use Instant Poison VI
/script PickupInventoryItem(16);
/run ReplaceEnchant();

Applies poisons to weapon with one click. if Poison has additional duration remaining, it does not ask you if you are sure.

Context:
Must be standing.
Must NOT be mounted.
If you fail these checks, it picks up the weapon from your inventory slot and places it on the cursor. I am not responsible if you destroy your weapons because you tried to apply poisons while mounted or eating, and then got click happy.

Change 16 to 17 for offhand.
Change name of poison in first line to change rank/type. Works for All temporary enchants... ie Sharpening Stones or Wizard Oils.
moghedanbanned
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Nostalrius Working Poison Applying Macro

by Youfie » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:44 pm

Nice macro, I'll try it out :).

Is there a way to make it apply poison on MH on left click, and OH on right click, for instance? :D

And maybe add a check to prevent the accidental item destroy you mentioned, by checking if the character is not mounted / standing?

If I find a way to do these I'll let you know :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Cupcake » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:40 pm

"/use" does not exist in vanilla, though it might be added by the addon SuperMacro, which I don't use so I wouldn't know.

Code: Select all
/run if not a then UseContainerItem(0,2);PickupInventoryItem(16);ReplaceEnchant();ClearCursor();a=1;else UseContainerItem(0,2);PickupInventoryItem(17);ReplaceEnchant();ClearCursor();a=nil;end;

This is the macro that I use - one button applies poisons to both weapons with 2 clicks. You can change which poison you want to use, without typing anything, by putting your poison of choice in slot 2 of your backpack.

The use of ClearCursor() prevents any item deletion accidents, though it will apply poison to the wrong weapon on next use, if you've clicked it while mounted or sitting.
Cupcake
Tester

by TaurenRogue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:49 pm

addons.us.to/addon/weaponrebuff
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dreez » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:36 pm

Youfie wrote:Nice macro, I'll try it out :).

Is there a way to make it apply poison on MH on left click, and OH on right click, for instance? :D

And maybe add a check to prevent the accidental item destroy you mentioned, by checking if the character is not mounted / standing?

If I find a way to do these I'll let you know :).

Code: Select all
/run for i=0,4 do for j=1,18 do local h=GetContainerItemLink if not(h(i,j)==nil)then if strfind(h(i,j), "Instant Poison VI")then p=PickupInventoryItem UseContainerItem(i,j)if IsShiftKeyDown()then p(17)else p(16)end ReplaceEnchant()end end end end

this will apply instant poison VI on your mainhand if you press on no modifier while clicking the macro and on your offhand if shift is pressed
Could not fit the deletion accident prevention in (macro would be too long), however that shouldn't really happen

The macro will check your whole inventory for the item so no worries about having to place it on a specific item slot.
note: I had no chance to personally test it, let me know if it doesn't work
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Cussler » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:21 pm

I don't like those because the poisons have to be in specific places in the bag.

Works perfectly fine for me, and I do not have supermacro. But if it enable more commands, I might DL it tonight.
Cussler
Private
Private

by Youfie » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:52 am

Hey,

Thanks for the tips.

I do not like either having poison to be in a specific bag slot, however it's easily dealt with by using a /script UseAction(X); where X is the bar slot of the poison. It forces you to have your poison in another specific bar slot, which is fine for me.

However the thing that really bothers me is that the icon macro just doesn't show the poison count I have in my bags. And since the poison I have in another bar slot for the use of the macro is hidden from sight, I see no point of using such a macro actually, it bothers me too much to have 2 icons, or to be unable to know how much poison I have.

If anyone has a solution, please share :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by TaurenRogue » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:01 am

Just get the addon... works like a charm on ally and on horde u might wanna toggle some unwanted options in the /wr config menu :P
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:59 am

TaurenRogue wrote:Just get the addon... works like a charm on ally and on horde u might wanna toggle some unwanted options in the /wr config menu :P

I'm sorry, what AddOn are you talking about?
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dreez » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:03 am

TaurenRogue wrote:addons.us.to/addon/weaponrebuff
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next