Bugged quest [Destiny Calls]

Bugged quest [Destiny Calls]

by fordailyuse » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:58 am

ok so this a basic lvl 10 rogue quest for night elves in teldrassil. i just need to pickpocket sethir and turn in the quest. problem is eveytime i pickpocket him i get an empty inventory. idk what to do, anybody else have problems with this quest?
fordailyuse
Tester

Re: Bugged quest [Destiny Calls]

by Hawksworth » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Same here.
Hawksworth
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:16 pm

Human have a similar quest, and it works fine. Maybe the mobs has already been pick-pocketed before? Pick-pocket loot reset only when dead, so maybe you should kill him and try again. Or maybe you can loot the quest item by PP or regular loot, just like for the human quest. Either way, try to kill him :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by fordailyuse » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:41 pm

had a high lvl kill him for me to reset him, still nothing except this time i got 20 copper... yay
fordailyuse
Tester

by teq » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:42 am

Also having trouble with this quest..

Pickpocketed - found an empty inventory, couldn't kill him because about 7 minions spawned. No high-levels in Teldrassil at the time (frankly I don't blame them), so can't verify whether or not killing him will reset...

Guess it's off to Stormwind/IF to get my blade...
teq
Tester

by grindisgood » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:37 am

It is probably bugged out. The quest item is not spawning, just 20 copper in his pockets.

UPD: the book does not spawn even after death of NPC, I guess it will be reset on server restart (or at first book does not spawn at all)
grindisgood
Tester

by Sidewinder0010 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:38 pm

He can only be picked once. If you get someone to kill him and wait for the respawn you can pick him again. I just did this (Mar 30, 2015). The respawn time is really long though, about 10 minutes, can someone confirm the spawn time?
Sidewinder0010
Tester

by rottingzombie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:50 am

any tips on killing him? I tried sapping him before pocketing but sap failed and his mobs came out. Another time I just pocketed from the start but the mobs owned me (inventory was empty too)
rottingzombie
Private
Private

by That Mask » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:32 pm

Unless you level and twink up a bit to one-shot him, you'll have to get a high level in the area to kill him for you to reset him. Sethir's goon squad deliberately discourages combat against him.
Speed is the essence of war.
That Mask
Tester

by northaunt » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:19 pm

Not bugged. Somebody might have stolen it before you. Kill him and wait for respawn then just pickpocket him to get fresh book
northaunt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Rogue