Gnome / human, agony

Gnome / human, agony

by idosky » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:05 pm

Well, I lvled a 60 gnome rogue, mainly for pvp. But then I got kinda keen on pve, it concerns me a bit. Since we all know that humans has an easier time as sword specc, bu how Much of a difference is it? If we are takling numbers. Let's say both rogues are equally geared, gnome does 800 dps, Are we takling 810? 850? Difference ?

Any information this would be awesome. Thanks
idosky
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Gnome / human, agony

by Overtime » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:28 pm

Do you prefer swords or daggers?
Overtime
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by idosky » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:40 pm

I do prefer Swords, but im kinda keen too se how much of a diffenrence it is btw the two races.
idosky
Grunt
Grunt

by Stenchofgoat » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:21 pm

The biggest difference is that Human rogues will get defaulted main hand swords over you, because your a gnome.
Stenchofgoat
Private
Private

by Quickbowjob » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:26 pm

Stenchofgoat wrote:The biggest difference is that Human rogues will get defaulted main hand swords over you, because your a gnome.

Such racist bs! we gnomes are awesome yo :D
Quickbowjob
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dish » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:39 pm

I can't give you any exact numbers, but just as a rough estimate:

40% of all white hits are glancing blows.
Glancing blows have a 30% damage reduction without +skill, which means they deal 70% damage. Let's assume at 305 skill (sword spec) it's 90% and at 310 skill it's 100% damage.
Which means 40% of your white damage is being increased by about 10% as a human compared to being a gnome, which again equals a 4% increase in white DPS.

All you have to do now is get a theorycrafting addon and see which fraction of your DPS is composed of white hits.

All in all I'd assume an increase of about 1-2% in DPS as a human compared to a gnome.

Just wrote this stuff down quickly, don't take my word for it, but it's just supposed to be a starting point for you anyway if you wanna do the research yourself.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by zaptorque » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:23 pm

The biggest disadvantage is that Human Rogues specced combat automatically get a 310 sword skill, which means a lot more dps.

Since you prefer to play swords and PvE, yes you would have been better off going Human, but it's not going to make a MASSIVE difference in raid dps/accomplishing your goals. One of the best rogues in our guild is a gnome specced combat swords.

I'm a gnome as well but play daggers, and have the Aged Core Leather Gloves that give +5 to daggers, so when im specced combat daggers my skill is 310 :D
zaptorque
Private
Private

by Youfie » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:07 am

Dish wrote:I can't give you any exact numbers, but just as a rough estimate:

40% of all white hits are glancing blows.
Glancing blows have a 30% damage reduction without +skill, which means they deal 70% damage. Let's assume at 305 skill (sword spec) it's 90% and at 310 skill it's 100% damage.
Which means 40% of your white damage is being increased by about 10% as a human compared to being a gnome, which again equals a 4% increase in white DPS.

All you have to do now is get a theorycrafting addon and see which fraction of your DPS is composed of white hits.

All in all I'd assume an increase of about 1-2% in DPS as a human compared to a gnome.

Just wrote this stuff down quickly, don't take my word for it, but it's just supposed to be a starting point for you anyway if you wanna do the research yourself.

Your rule of thumb is correct imo, but just regarding GB : they do 65% of normal damage, and the hard cap is 315 on Nostalrius (95% of normal damage at 310), Athan's formula used. Thought you might find it interesting to know :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dish » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:04 am

Youfie wrote:Your rule of thumb is correct imo, but just regarding GB : they do 65% of normal damage, and the hard cap is 315 on Nostalrius (95% of normal damage at 310), Athan's formula used. Thought you might find it interesting to know :).

Good to know yeah, thanks!
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by notgunnahappen » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:40 am

It really depends on the type of guild you want in going forward. Full tryhard guilds that are pushing server firsts, speed clears and top dps realmplayers will question your race choice (personal aesthetics appeal/pvp preference over overall guild progression or just lack of vanilla knowledge). You can overcome this by just sheer amount of effort showing that you are what a guild wants (going r14, fulltryhard consumes and worldbuffs placing a high ranking on raidstats, old known player etc)

If you're just looking to raid with a guild eventually clearing raids but nothing special then just show up and don't be a downy, race won't matter.
notgunnahappen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Rogue