Diminishing returns pvp

Diminishing returns pvp

by Sugarpuffextreme » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:31 pm

How does it work exactly?

When I cheap, gouge, kidney, blind, sap all with full durations then cheap shot again that cheap shot is getting diminishing return? How?

It is like the diminish return cooldown is 20 seconds and that the second cheap shot is on same category as the first kidney shot but the first kidney shot is not on same category as the first cheap shot cause the first kidney gets its full 6 sec duration. Makes no sense to me I have to be missing something lol
Sugarpuffextreme
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Diminishing returns pvp

by Sugarpuffextreme » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:56 pm

This is what im talking about. Take note on the second cheap shot and kidney shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uxd4vu ... e=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2gRlXs ... e=youtu.be
Sugarpuffextreme
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:56 am

There is indeed more than 15 seconds between the end of your first Cheap Shot and your next one in your first video, I don't know why it doesn't last for its full duration the second time. I'll check with my own character if I can reproduce it.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Sugarpuffextreme » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:38 pm

Sometimes it does work sometimes it doesnt. Havent got to do to many tries yet.
Sugarpuffextreme
Grunt
Grunt

by Fading » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:46 pm

The server checks for DR every 5 seconds IIRC.
If the server checks and your DR hasnt lasted >15 seconds, it will not reset it.
Situaton: Checked @ 14 seconds in, doesn't check again for 5 seconds = 19 second DR
Undead Rogue (Leveling)
Gnome Warlock (Leveling)
Fading
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:25 am

Fading wrote:The server checks for DR every 5 seconds IIRC.
If the server checks and your DR hasnt lasted >15 seconds, it will not reset it.
Situaton: Checked @ 14 seconds in, doesn't check again for 5 seconds = 19 second DR

That is an interesting explanation.

But there is more than 35 seconds between the end of the OP's first Cheap Shot and the beginning of his second one though :(.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Fading » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:59 am

Youfie wrote:
Fading wrote:The server checks for DR every 5 seconds IIRC.

That is an interesting explanation.

But there is more than 35 seconds between the end of the OP's first Cheap Shot and the beginning of his second one though :(.

My post was just to clarify that DR can last longer than 15 seconds depending on when DR was last checked in relation to when the original Stun was applied.
Looking over the 2 videos, all 4 Cheap Shots had a 4 second duration so I'm not really sure what's being questioned here in that regard.

"stuns2"
first CS - applied @ 0:16, expired @ 0:20 (no DR penalty)
second CS - applied @ 0:58, expired @ 1:02 (no DR penalty) (he actually moves away from his opener and drops target/retargets and possibly (?) laggs during this duration, so it seems iffy. Pay attention to the time on the video when it's initiated and when the debuff from PW:S goes up)

"stuns"
first CS - applied @ 0:12, expired @ 0:16 (no DR penalty)
second CS - applied @ 0:54, expired @ 0:58 (again, pay attention to the small details like swirly icon above the Tauren)

I think this is a debuff icon display error (harder to notice on "stuns2" with him dropping target). The actual stun duration, however, is correct.
Undead Rogue (Leveling)
Gnome Warlock (Leveling)
Fading
Grunt
Grunt

by Sugarpuffextreme » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:12 pm

@Fading yes you are very correct. Seems like it was just a display error. Thx =)
Sugarpuffextreme
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Good to know, thanks :)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Rogue