are rogues wanted for end level content?

are rogues wanted for end level content?

by psychedelique » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:10 am

i want to get into raiding, but i read here that there are many rogues on the server. would i be able to find a raiding guild?
psychedelique
Tester

Re: are rogues wanted for end level content?

by VeloxBanks » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:28 pm

Honestly I have a feeling that when people say "there are too many rogues" they just look at the number of rogues in GENERAL. What about the rogues in the guild you're in? How many of those rogues are actualy good? I wouldn't worry to much about it... well atleast I shouldn't have. It kinda ruined my experiance when I was thinking about it all the time while leveling. "Is this worth it? Will I do good in raids? WILL ANYONE EVEN WANT ME IN A RAID???". Pretty much my time playing till 55 summed up. I'd advise you to go with the flow and keep your hopes up. There's 10 000+ people playing and who knows how many guilds. You'll find a spot eventualy.
'tis but a jest, brother!
VeloxBanks
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Setup » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:16 pm

At the start of vanilla (MC/ONY/BWL), rogues are pretty much the best damage in the game.
It's sensible to bring as many as 6-7 rogues for much of that content.

Near the end of vanilla, rogue scaling starts to fall behind fury warrior. Paired with the fact your 13/15 naxx raid will need eight T3 warriors, it's not uncommon for guilds to start taking as few as 2-3 rogues, and using more fury warriors. And rogue is the second most popular class, which means the difficulty of getting into the raid you want to be in will only increase with time.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:22 pm

Setup wrote:At the start of vanilla (MC/ONY/BWL), rogues are pretty much the best damage in the game.

Near the end of vanilla, rogue scaling starts to fall behind fury warrior. Paired with the fact your 13/15 naxx raid will need eight T3 warriors, it's not uncommon for guilds to start taking as few as 2-3 rogues, and using more fury warriors. And rogue is the second most popular class, which means the difficulty of getting into the raid you want to be in will only increase with time.

Save face and protect your rogue raid spot with an alt tank warrior :).

Get your 4/9 T3 and only log him on 4H when your turn to get T3 isn't up. Farm the Gahz in ZG for 10 spell hit trinket for that fight as well.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Soyoen » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:50 am

Setup wrote:Near the end of vanilla, rogue scaling starts to fall behind fury warrior.

What's the highest dps a fury warrior can provide with the endgame bis gear and at what point do you reckon the rogue scaling starts to fall behind? Personally I see 4/8 t3 as a deal breaker but then again I haven't got a clue in how much dps fury warriors gain from the naxx content in comparison :)
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Quaxis » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:46 am

Setup wrote:At the start of vanilla (MC/ONY/BWL), rogues are pretty much the best damage in the game.

This.

I remember doing AQ40 progression, years ago on my rogue, and being pretty pissed off about the DPS scaling that happened in raids.

If you don't want 'hardcore,' and want to stick to MC/ONY/BWL, keep playing a rogue, otherwise, learn to play politics to keep your raid spot.
haters continue thine hatred
Quaxis
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Rogue