Sword leveling spec.

Sword leveling spec.

by kietav » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:50 pm

Hello, I've been reading this forum, and learned that Combat with swords is the best way to level. I saw some talent builds, but all of them are not working for me. So I'd be really grateful to anyone that links me a good Combat sword leveling talent build. Thanks in advance!
kietav
Tester

Re: Sword leveling spec.

by Youfie » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:54 pm

Just get Riposte as soon as you can, the rest doesn't really matter :D.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by EasyLee » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:25 pm

Until 42: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fRxboxpZM, then combat
After 42: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fMZG0Ed0VzLbo, then assassination

Assassination is stronger for early levels, Remorseless and Imp SS are the two most important talents, and adrenaline rush is a pretty big boost for leveling since it lets you kill things you otherwise couldn't.
EasyLee
Private
Private

by Fading » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Leveling as Backstab is definitely competitive with (if not better than) Sinister Strike, at least early on.
With Imp Backstab and Remorseless Attacks up you'll have >70% chance to crit on that opening Backstab.

Example starting route:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fMZhfZV
Undead Rogue (Leveling)
Gnome Warlock (Leveling)
Fading
Grunt
Grunt

by EasyLee » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Fading wrote:Leveling as Backstab is definitely competitive with (if not better than) Sinister Strike, at least early on.
With Imp Backstab and Remorseless Attacks up you'll have >70% chance to crit on that opening Backstab.

Example starting route:

This spec is better for the early levels than the one I posted if you're good at it. You don't utilize stealth for landing backstabs, but rather strafe through the target to backstab them before the server can register that they've turned to face you.

It's a little tricky, and I found I didn't have the patience for it and couldn't get it to work with enough consistency (sometimes missed a few attempts in a row, which was frustrating). So I went swords and didn't regret it. But many will find this style of play more fun. High skill and patience -> high reward.
EasyLee
Private
Private

by Fading » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:29 am

EasyLee wrote:
Fading wrote:Leveling as Backstab is definitely competitive with (if not better than) Sinister Strike, at least early on.

Example starting route:

This spec is better for the early levels than the one I posted if you're good at it. You don't utilize stealth for landing backstabs, but rather strafe through the target to backstab them before the server can register that they've turned to face you.

It's a little tricky, and I found I didn't have the patience for it and couldn't get it to work with enough consistency (sometimes missed a few attempts in a row, which was frustrating). So I went swords and didn't regret it. But many will find this style of play more fun. High skill and patience -> high reward.

You can just strafe tight circles around your target.
TBH if you pay attention to your energy bar's "pulse" you can just make small movements to position exactly as you're hitting >=60. You can also Gouge for positioning.
Undead Rogue (Leveling)
Gnome Warlock (Leveling)
Fading
Grunt
Grunt

by userunknown » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:38 am

If I was going to do the backstab leveling spec would I be alright to throw 5 more points into Percision and then dump the rest in the sub tree? Should I get Ghostly Strike and Hemo or would they be wasted? What about putting 2 or even 4 more points in Combat for Endurance or Imp Sprint? Is one point in MoD enough value or would I be better off with 2-5 points in it? If I skip out on hemo should I still get Serated Blades or is that talent just a filler prerequisite for Hemo?
userunknown
Tester

by Fading » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:16 am

userunknown wrote:If I was going to do the backstab leveling spec would I be alright to throw 5 more points into Percision and then dump the rest in the sub tree? Should I get Ghostly Strike and Hemo or would they be wasted? What about putting 2 or even 4 more points in Combat for Endurance or Imp Sprint? Is one point in MoD enough value or would I be better off with 2-5 points in it? If I skip out on hemo should I still get Serated Blades or is that talent just a filler prerequisite for Hemo?

I would highly recommend you continue progressing towards Adrenaline Rush. Endurance is nice.
Undead Rogue (Leveling)
Gnome Warlock (Leveling)
Fading
Grunt
Grunt

by userunknown » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:25 pm

I know deep combat is more efficient for leveling, I just don't want to do that. I'll be putting the points in sub as a personal preference.
userunknown
Tester

Return to Rogue