Illegal Rogue Farms??

Illegal Rogue Farms??

by Hallmonitor » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:00 pm

Hello there, i was informed that doing BRD stealth runs to the Vault is illegal and a bannable offense on Nost. Can i get some insight into this matter? Currently i like to run BRD for pickpocketing, and dark iron ore (mining profession). Also i usually clear the arena spectators and check for Pyromancer spawn. I would like to add black vault to this as well but am afraid of the consequences. Please advise.
Hallmonitor
Tester

Re: Illegal Rogue Farms??

by Bluefear » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:02 pm

informed by who? do you have a screenshot?
Bluefear
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hallmonitor » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Just a guildie who i was talking to over voice chat. He thought that people were getting banned for stealthing to the black vault in BRD. I just wanted to clarify if it was true.
Hallmonitor
Tester

by notgunnahappen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:44 am

Hallmonitor wrote:Just a guildie who i was talking to over voice chat. He thought that people were getting banned for stealthing to the black vault in BRD. I just wanted to clarify if it was true.

They were exploiting the coffer. You're allowed to do solo stealth runs if you want
notgunnahappen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fridolin » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:02 am

When you do it on a normal way it should be okay. If you do something like exploiting or bugusing...so it isnt okay.
Nostalrius PvP
Alliance Mage :)

Developing an AddonManagementTool for Vanilla and TBC Addons!
Fridolin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ohhgee » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Your friend was referencing a ban wave that happened about 3-4 weeks after Nost release. Many of the more hardcore Vanilla Rogues who rushed to 60 were banned for farming coffers using a pretty shady method that was allowed on Feenix but is not allowed on Nost.

Regular instance farming that does not abuse any bugs is fine.
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Pottu » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:50 pm

What Ohgee said. As long as you don't violate the 5 instances per hour reset limit and don't bug exploit inside BRD, the stealth runs are A-OK.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Hallmonitor » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:57 pm

Thank you. :)
Hallmonitor
Tester

Return to Rogue