Stealth detection testing

Stealth detection testing

by trave » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:02 pm

I have been doing some testing as I - and many others - have observed that stealth is not providing much stealth. Tests were done with 5/5 MOD. For the sake of control, I did not test against human characters even though it is easy enough to watch for perception, and I tested against bad players (primarily <Big Plays>). I made sure the players knew I was there, and when they began looking for me, I slowly creeped toward them to measure the range at which I was spotted.

If the stealth user is of marginally higher level than the opponent, the range of visibility is fine. 2-3 yards, only if in front of the target.

If the stealth user is the same level, the visibility range is inconsistent. Sometimes I can get within 5 yards, other times I am spotted from further. I was charged several times by warriors at the same level as me, indicating they could see me from at least 8 yards away.

If the target is 1-3 levels higher than the stealth user, the functionality of stealth dramatically degrades. At this point, warlocks can dot me from 15 yards+ while stealthed. Mages can poly. I can also be seen while completely adjacent (90 degrees) to the target player. In my opinion, this is the most critical problem with stealth - marginally higher players should not be able to detect stealth so effectively. This is not congruent with the functionality in retail 1.x.

If the target is >5 levels above the stealth user then stealth is ineffective. I also consider this inconsistent with retail 1.x. A level 50 should not be able to see a level 44 from 25 yards away. I tested this against a level 50 paladin yesterday.
trave
Private
Private

Re: Stealth detection testing

by Youfie » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:11 pm

The only problem now is that you're gonna have to provide sources to show the devs that the way Stealth currently works is incorrect, not just opinions nor memories, but facts ;).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by trave » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Youfie wrote:The only problem now is that you're gonna have to provide sources to show the devs that the way Stealth currently works is incorrect, not just opinions nor memories, but facts ;).

This is as straightforward a bug as many of the other bugs, such as casting while stunned. You have my permission to go comb through vanilla warrior pvp videos. Let me know when you find a clip of a stealthed rogue being charged by a same level warrior without some form of stealth detection.
trave
Private
Private

by Youfie » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:39 pm

trave wrote:
Youfie wrote:The only problem now is that you're gonna have to provide sources to show the devs that the way Stealth currently works is incorrect, not just opinions nor memories, but facts ;).

This is as straightforward a bug as many of the other bugs, such as casting while stunned. You have my permission to go comb through vanilla warrior pvp videos. Let me know when you find a clip of a stealthed rogue being charged by a same level warrior without some form of stealth detection.

I've never been Charged by a same level Warrior on Nostalrius. At least not yet :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Kalmageddon » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:46 pm

I've been charged while stealthed... Here, on Nost.
Now, what can we do is reporting, and hope that the devs look into it.
--
Kalma.
Kalmageddon
Tester

by Correlion » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:11 pm

you can use stealth tests from world of roguecraft ep2:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xem05e ... videogames
tests of stealth starts at 19 min
Correlion
Tester

by Nozdormus » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:45 am

I got a problem with stealth.
I have pvp battle with hunter. I`m 38lvl ,hunter and his pet are 35 lvl.
Hunter pull pet on me, i use sprint and run away after 5 sec combat stance faid and i use stealsth,but pet follow me and attak me. I don`t have mark on me.

P.s. Sorry for my english.
Nozdormus
Private
Private

by trave » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:52 pm

you cannot stealth with a pet on you. your only option is to vanish. i cannot recall if that is true to vanilla but it is definitely annoying.
trave
Private
Private

by Solmyr » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:14 pm

trave wrote:you cannot stealth with a pet on you. your only option is to vanish. i cannot recall if that is true to vanilla but it is definitely annoying.

Hint: Stealth then distract the pet as it comes at you - it will make it stop and since the hunter doesn't see you anymore, he won't be able to order it to attack you.
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:15 pm

trave wrote:you cannot stealth with a pet on you. your only option is to vanish. i cannot recall if that is true to vanilla but it is definitely annoying.

This is not a bug.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Rogue