by lyrical » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:47 pm

My bad Venven ;-)
lyrical
Private
Private

Re: [Rogue] Pvp Spec debate

by Madara » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:05 pm

Silent wrote:Hi ²

All these spec were and are still viable, it's simply a matter of how you like to play.

- Are you a hit'n'run rogue ? So you go Seal Fate, you do PHAT burst and you vanish.
- A "support" rogue ? Then you spec Hemo, plenty of cd, huge survability, possibility of burst...
I personally played it through all vanilla, loved the large range of possibility, well-prepared assault (on plate), full burst (casters), full-evade-fuck-everyone-can't-catch-me (warsong flags) etc...
I even raided BWL as Hemo spec !
- A "real" rogue (WITH DAGGERS §§) ? Hybrid, good burst, good survability, great possibilities.
I tried this way when I was on Nostalrius 2 years ago.

You can add Sword Combat, even worst than SF, for Zerkers, but great Imp talents (Sprint & Kick). Efficient against armored...

Personally, I can't go PvP without 5/5 Cam, I'm played a lot stealthed, even for moving, surprise is essential for rogue, that's why we're not at full potential in a BG..

Unlike casters, gear is very important, so Hemo spec is better if we're not well geared.
Daggers spec needs stuff, and specifics things : energy (5/8 T1 is a must) and instant energy (tea, ZG trinket or even 4/8 D2). With these, you're beast. And unbalanced for others :)

But a good rogue is a player with reflexes and a brain, which can make a good use of all his skills, at the right moment and who is looking at everything that surround him to make profit of it. (MacGiver.)

Hey first time leveling a rogue and I'm going to be leveling in hemo spec I was wondering what are the best weapons to use during leveling then during end game PVE and PvP as a hemo rogue.
Madara
Private
Private

by Mek » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:48 pm

21-0-30. Don't really care for Imp Gouge in BGs
Mek
Sergeant
Sergeant

by captnamazing » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:01 pm

Love the breakdown, guys! I dabbled in rogue in vanilla then mained it hard in Cataclysm. Hard for me to decide between the spec breakdown like this, cause that seal fate just has such sweet damage, but I love the survivability of sub. I'll probably end up going for a pretty standard prep, cold blood spec with the imp gouge and backstab bonus.

Imp. gouge is one of my favorite specs. Makes it more energy effecient and those quick restealths are crucial to defeating a clever opponent
captnamazing
Private
Private

by Solmyr » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:57 am

I'm amused by the thread title. There never was much debate about rogue pvp specs in vanilla.

There is 21/8/22 and there are all those other specs that people try out before they learn to play 21/8/22.
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Twist » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:37 am

Spe preme

Cheap Shot, eviscerate, bye bye ! But you need a nice stuff !
<Genesis> Touiste
Twist
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Rogue