Level 26 Rogue PvP vs Priests, Shamans, and Mages.

Level 26 Rogue PvP vs Priests, Shamans, and Mages.

by yzak » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:48 pm

This is a very specific pvp question for rogues around level 26 for World PvP, I am having a hard time with 3 classes. The priest, shaman, and mage. I am combat spec rogue with swords.

The priest is...nearly unkillable because they will fear me instantly and then just dot me. Or run and fear. Locks are easy because you can shutdown the fear. Any tips on getting past that fear and staying on them? When I can stay on them, they are very simple.

Shaman. How do I approach these guys? How do I open and close and what should I look for? I think these guys are the most tricky. Because I do not know how they fight. It seems like they put down totems asap and just heal, letting the totems do the work. Healing wave. I can kick them but they can just keep healing. What should I do?

Mage. I have to use vanish because they will freeze me. I open up on them and then they will freeze me. I pop vanish, then unstealth, and chase. If they blink I use sprint. I have to kill them fast though, or they will run away and kite. Any other tips?

Thanks! Just would like to hear some thoughts from veterans. My opponents are all around my current level. Or lower =P
yzak
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Level 26 Rogue PvP vs Priests, Shamans, and Mages.

by turulszem » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Why would you go combat rogue dude? You can't ambush with freaking swords.
turulszem
Tester

Re: Level 26 Rogue PvP vs Priests, Shamans, and Mages.

by Correlion » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:05 pm

yzak wrote:This is a very specific pvp question for rogues around level 26 for World PvP, I am having a hard time with 3 classes. The priest, shaman, and mage. I am combat spec rogue with swords.

The priest is...nearly unkillable because they will fear me instantly and then just dot me. Or run and fear. Locks are easy because you can shutdown the fear. Any tips on getting past that fear and staying on them? When I can stay on them, they are very simple.

Shaman. How do I approach these guys? How do I open and close and what should I look for? I think these guys are the most tricky. Because I do not know how they fight. It seems like they put down totems asap and just heal, letting the totems do the work. Healing wave. I can kick them but they can just keep healing. What should I do?

Mage. I have to use vanish because they will freeze me. I open up on them and then they will freeze me. I pop vanish, then unstealth, and chase. If they blink I use sprint. I have to kill them fast though, or they will run away and kite. Any other tips?

Thanks! Just would like to hear some thoughts from veterans. My opponents are all around my current level. Or lower =P

first of all you didn't mention your race. get pvp trinket. attack from steath

mage:
1. sap
2. wait for combat ends
3. drink free action potion
4. garrote
5. haste and dont let him ship you by using kick and gouge
6. win

p.s.
do not open from cheap shot against mage if hes blink not on cd

priest:

I don't have any problems with them since i have will of forsaken and pvp trinket so i can kill priests easy

shamans:
donno since I am a horde. but i think evasion and free action potion will help you
Correlion
Tester

Return to Rogue